Difference between Jetworks blue valve v. in-line water restrictor, guessing?

....I'm guessing that the restrictor goes in-line up-stream v. downstream, and doesn't require tapping. Also, the restrictor seemingly just restricts 'some' flow across the entire rpm range, since it is not a spring control valve, so obviously you can't remove 'all' flow to the pipe and water box. And if that is true, how much flow can you reduce with the restrictor without causing problems with too much heat in the water/box, etc? I'm guessing you can't just trickle the water to the box..and it might cause problems with head pressure/water pump too...?

You cant use a restrictor for this mod, you need the valve. The valve is closed at low RPM when the engine is idling and not creating a lot of heat. When the RPM's are in the high 3K range the valve opens giving full flow to the exhaust box cooling the box on out.

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    You cant use a restrictor for this mod, you need the valve. The valve is closed at low RPM when the engine is idling and not creating a lot of heat. When the RPM's are in the high 3K range the valve opens giving full flow to the exhaust box cooling the box on out.
    Thanks scittb, what I was thinking was, that say comparing the idea of a smaller/different type of water box where water is evacuated quicker, to the idea of generally less water throughout the rpm range being injected thru use of the restrictor, then that seems like another possible performance approach or option v. the blue valve.

Does that make any sense/is that what the restrictor was designed for?

I really dont know of anyone running restrictors at all. The only performance gain is dumping 1 cylinder over board with a separate line to make the tuned portion of the pipe hotter for a better sonic wave. Where are you reading people running actual restrictors?
    You want more water in there at high rpm for keeping it cool and also keeping the rebound of the exhaust wave in the pipe. Dont forget its a 2 stroke and you need that return wave. If it goes out the exhaust you will loose performance. I would stick with what you have and just research the jetworks mods.

....In the old Riva cataloge the Stinger3 comes with the 'tuneable' water restrictor.

AHH, thats a different set up.. I thought you were asking about OEM exhausts.

Thread Information