Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Fogged up dash RXTX 260

Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of fogging on the inside of my dash on RXTX (2010) ??

My gauge cluster developed a fog as well. It didn't appear to be condensation, but the dealer replaced the gauge cluster under warranty for me despite saying it wasn't "a major issue." For what it's worth, I always had a mildew/moldy spot around the 55mph mark on my speedometer which I suspect was the culprit in the fogging of my gauges.

i took mine out an put them on something warm glass side down over night.first pull the little valve on the back of the gauge out to leave out the damp.if u suck the valve it should move one way an lock the other.i think its supposed to leave out moisture an lock again.mine was stuck.but make sure u note what side is shoved in

+1
    My new gauge cluster has fogged up again, going to see if the above idea works

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by walshfr View Post
    i took mine out an put them on something warm glass side down over night.first pull the little valve on the back of the gauge out to leave out the damp.if u suck the valve it should move one way an lock the other.i think its supposed to leave out moisture an lock again.mine was stuck.but make sure u note what side is shoved in
    Any idea where this valve is?? can't find it, have the dash out.

+1
    I know there is a valve on the 09 and older model skis just not sure if they put 1 on the newer skis.
    On the 09 and older skis it was white and stuck out from the back casing of the guages.

+1
    Ok thanks but can't see anything.

+1
    Last year in October I noticed some moisture and it is getting worse and worse without driving the ski.
    It almost looks like it grows up, hope it's no mold. It started around the 55mph mark, the same like JDougM5 told.

Now I want to put it on something warm over night, but I don't know how to remove the dash. Any help?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCOOL View Post
    Last year in October I noticed some moisture and it is getting worse and worse without driving the ski.
    It almost looks like it grows up, hope it's no mold. It started around the 55mph mark, the same like JDougM5 told.

Now I want to put it on something warm over night, but I don't know how to remove the dash. Any help?
    Pull it out, place it in a large zip bag with a ton of rice and let it sit overnight or longer if it needs it. Take it out of the bag and go around the seams with shower silicon like you would a car head light/tail light. bada bing bada boom. I sealed my cluster the day after I bought it. Just by looking at these I figured they would have issues.

+1
    Thank you, I will try that! But how to pull it out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information