Seadoo Beeping Codes HELP!

Hi. I just bought a 06 seadoo rxt. I put the battery in temporarily so I didnt securley tighten it. When I put the key in, there was one long beep then two short beeps. I read that one long beep meant that there was a problem with the dess but i was wondering why it had two short beeps after. Thanks.

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

It may not mean anything; sometimes if you don't get a solid connection on the DESS you'll get the lone solid beep. When you get the two short beeps, that means the DESS is reading the key and all systems are go. I have two 06 RXTs and what you're hearing sounds like a normal function to me. If it were an issue, you'd more than likely also be reading an error code on the cluster. Go ride...

BTW, do you know what your SC washer situation is? You'll want to check that out!

Hi, my ski is a brand new 08 RXP (0hrs/leftover) and the dealer started it up a couple times for a few seconds to show me how it works. It was sitting on my back porch for a week and I decided to start it up to see how easy it would turn over and got the same thing - one long beep followed the two normal beeps. I hope what 83Gator said about a solid connection was happening because I was having a hard time getting the key on all the way because it's brand new and so tight (I think the key was on crooked and it was doing the one long solid beep and then when I got the key fully on it did the normal two beep).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

It may not mean anything; sometimes if you don't get a solid connection on the DESS you'll get the lone solid beep. When you get the two short beeps, that means the DESS is reading the key and all systems are go. I have two 06 RXTs and what you're hearing sounds like a normal function to me. If it were an issue, you'd more than likely also be reading an error code on the cluster. Go ride...

BTW, do you know what your SC washer situation is? You'll want to check that out!
    +1

Ok thanks for your help. Im not familier with all the parts yet and was wondering what the SC wascher is. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaskidoo View Post
    Ok thanks for your help. Im not familier with all the parts yet and was wondering what the SC wascher is. Thanks
    SC Washer = Super Charger Washer(s). Up until about 08 or 09, SeaDoo had an inherent flaw in the SC design, namely the washers on the unit which were made of ceramic. Over time (undetermined) they can possibly crack, then come lose and get sucked into the engine causing catastrophic failure; ie $$$.

I refer you to Jerry aka "Green Hulk"'s SC rebuild thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1638544

Be warned: Do not put 1 more minute of run time on your engine until you have determined if your SC has ceramic washers. It is possible that the previous owner had the washers upgraded to the metal ones. But the only way you'll know for sure is to pull the SC and inspect it. It's very hard (at least for me) to tell the difference between ceramic and metal. Heck, they all look the same to me. You can pull the SC, take pix of the shaft and post the pix here on the forum. Somebody will identify the washers. The above link will contain another link on a "How To" for removing the SC. If you're not the wrenching type (like me), Jerry can take care of you at a very fair price. Whether you have metal or not, if you're anywhere around 100 hrs., SeaDoo recommends a full SC rebuild; Jerry can help you there, too.

I know (from experience) what a PITA this is, but in the end, it is cheap insurance. Please do not neglect to verify that you have or need metal washers on your SC. Other than that, the stock 4-Tec is pretty much bullet proof. I have two '06 RXTs w/approx 200 hrs. each. Other than having the ceramics exchanged for metal, plus later full SC rebuilds (as recommended), my bikes have never been in the shop for a mechanical issue. (knock, knock...)

Take care of this now (if it applies) and you can enjoy the whole summer worry free...

Ok I will check it out. Thanks for the help!

maybe a magnet would help with determining if it were ceramic or metal?

Thread Information