2003 Gtx super charger slip

Hi I have recently bought a stock 2003 Gtx s/c with 130 hours on it. After reading on here about supercharger problems i did a slipping moment test and found mine slips at about 1.5-2 ft/lb. The shop manual i got says it shoudn't start to slip till at least 5 ft/lb.
    can i just get away with a rebuild kit or do i need something more drastic? and will it harm the ski to keep riding it? i dont think this year model had the ceramic washers in? it revs out at 6800-7100 rpm i was hoping to get some more out of it if i rebuild the charger would doing so make a difference?
    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Ben

+1
    Ben, welcome to Greenhulk brother!!!To answer your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by benarm View Post
    i did a slipping moment test and found mine slips at about 1.5-2 ft/lb. The shop manual i got says it shoudn't start to slip till at least 5 ft/lb.
    can i just get away with a rebuild kit or do i need something more drastic?

You will just need the rebuild kit,the kits now come with the metal washes and everything else you will need for the Scer....You will also need a press and all the Scer tools...IF you dont have them then you can either purchase them or you can send it off to Jerry(Greenhulk) and he will rebuild it completely for you for a fair price...Heres the link to his service:http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ebuild-Service

and will it harm the ski to keep riding it?

I dont know how much it can harm the ski seeing there are no clutches, BUT the bearings can and do let go...I HIGHLY recommmend pulling that SCer ASAP and getting it rebuilt

i dont think this year model had the ceramic washers in?

Correct, this year setup had no clutches

it revs out at 6800-7100 rpm i was hoping to get some more out of it if i rebuild the charger would doing so make a difference?
    Yes this will definatly help not only in your RPMs BUT you will notice your ski come back alive power and acceleration wise..IF im not mistaking the GTXs RPM s should be around 7800-7850

any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Ben

Snoman thanks for the advice, i ordered a kit from jerry, and have a press and can make the tooling here( we have a small machine shop) i think i'll avoid riding it!
    thank for the help this site as so much great info looking forward to learning some more!

Thread Information