What hose is this? (2005 Seadoo GTX limited)

Was taking my battery out today and noticed this hose was not attached to anything. Trying to figure out where it attaches. Other end goes up toward fuel tank area on front of craft. Seems like the hose is long enough when straitened go to about mid-engine. I have looked in the shop manual and service manual and can't seem to find this. Any help would be appreciated. You can see in the picture it is a small diameter hose/tube. Some fluid dripped out of it - - doesn't smell like fuel, color looks more like some sort of oil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2262.jpg 
Views:	1302 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	234604

+1
    It's the battery vent tube. Should be a nipple on the battery for it to slip onto, assuming you still have the stock battery.

Welcome to the Hulk.

+1
    It is the battery overflow tube, the fluid is battery acid.

Look OUTSIDE of your ski, right side under the bumper rail and you should see two color coded nipples, one for the fuel vent the other the battery overflow. Now look INSIDE the ski around the same area, find the 2 thru hull nipples, and re-plug the battery overflow tube back up IF it is disconnected. The other end connects to the battery itself.

Go drink a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    It's the battery vent tube. Should be a nipple on the battery for it to slip onto, assuming you still have the stock battery.

Welcome to the Hulk.
    I do not have the stock battery. Battery I have is a Power Source Lynn Vick Product WPX30L-BS and I don't see any place on the battery to connect it. Side of battery states nonspillable/non harzardous. This is our first ski and haven't even had it on the water yet. Had the super charger rebuild and reinstalled several weeks ago and this is the first I have noticed this tube.

If the battery doesn't contain a nipple to attach this to, what should I do with the tube? Thanks

+1
    Just zip tie it out of the way and save it in case you go back to stock battery setup.

Go have fun and welcome to the Hulk site!

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Just zip tie it out of the way and save it in case you go back to stock battery setup.

Go have fun and welcome to the Hulk site!
    How do you access upfront where the tube are connected that exit under the bumper? Would like to look up there and make sure there are two hoses connected. Thanks again for the info

Thread Information