Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just picked up an 01' gp1200r

i just got an 01 gpr1200. 110 comp on front 2, 105 on pto cylinder, that was cold engine and i had my short comp tool adapter, not the long one, but super clean engine

lots of mods: R&D air filter, velocity stacks, waveater clips, carbs re jetted w/ t handle adjusters ,fuel clunks installed in gas tank, Riva stinger exhaust, Riva free flow exhaust, Solas 13/19 impeller , anti cav cone, R&D Jims ride plate, R&d top loader intake grate , Pro tec extended turn nozzle, and beach house sponsons.

Previous owner bought wrong driveshaft with the solas 13/19 on it. PO had replaced intermediate shaft with a used takeoff i believe. today i ran stock prop on old shaft and pump, and water tested ski. still running rly rich and a lil boggy out the hole sometime but powerful topend once hooked. stock prop unhooks if you floor it out the hole and dont let the hull plane. still very impressed with the ski and power.

Wecome to the GPR world!

was the PO a forum member?

maybe, he knew osidebill, talked about the greenhulk.

You mentioned a long list of mods, but didnt mention whether it had a pump plug kit or not. If it doesn't this will greatly reduce your cavitation. Here is a link to my DIY PPK thread. Hope this helps. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...iva-or-R-amp-D

heres some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpr1200.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	234651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpr1200-2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	234650  

thanks yamadood!

i forgot it has a riva pump seal kit, and i got an almost complete second kit

Check your wear ring clearance and condition. I'm still learning this stuff too, but happy to pass on everything I've learned thus far. This forum is a great place to learn the GPR inside and out. PaleRider, GPRFrank, JetDave56, PhillipGPR and OsideBill, as well as other memebers on here have a wealth of knowledge to share.

when i had the pump out i noticed a lil high spot at 6'0clock in the wear ring. not touching yet. i was thinking in the future an SBT wear ring??
    cant wait to test the solas 13/19 prop and get her tuned in. PO said he had high speeds out 1-3/4.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. the GP1200R platform can be made to perform very well. Please be sure to take advantage of the advanced search option of the forum as well as the How-To section.

Quote Originally Posted by yamadood View Post
    Check your wear ring clearance and condition. I'm still learning this stuff too, but happy to pass on everything I've learned thus far. This forum is a great place to learn the GPR inside and out. PaleRider, GPRFrank, PhillipGPR and OsideBill, as well as other memebers on here have a wealth of knowledge to share.
    haha thanks for the kind words, but Oside, Philip, Hydro, Billie, WFO, Tommy, Ben,,,oh jeez so many, those guys know their Salt!!! and Frank, tell Frank if he doesn`t help ya out I`m going to take away his Provolone and wine!...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRchris85 View Post
    when i had the pump out i noticed a lil high spot at 6'0clock in the wear ring. not touching yet. i was thinking in the future an SBT wear ring??
    cant wait to test the solas 13/19 prop and get her tuned in. PO said he had high speeds out 1-3/4.
    ski looks good!
    Island Racing has a wear ring with replaceable liners...
    or you can hit up TJ> inkaddict and send him a PM to see if he has any left...

is the spot raised at all?, 2 disimilar metals and corrosion is separating the to...it won`t get better...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information