Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leftover models and pricing...

Seen some 09 RXP 215s and 08 RXP-X 255s on pwc trader that are leftovers, brand new.
    What kind of pricing should I be looking at for something like this? I called a dealer here in MD a month or so ago and he didn't want to come down much off of the MSRP. Seems a dealer would want to unload 4 yr old inventory, maybe not?

Banned User
    +1
    here in cali i found a dealer who still wants 9k no trailer for an 08px i think he's crazy but they try to sell on the fact that "they retailed for 13k when new" i try to explain that its now almost 4yrs old and they've been sitting on it forever but they dont like to budge. i understand they still need to make money so ehh....

Dealer in MD wanted like 13 with trailer after taxes etc. That's ridiculous.

Wanted to call these guys in NY today but my awesome iPhone had no service all day

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
    Dealer in MD wanted like 13 with trailer after taxes etc. That's ridiculous.

Wanted to call these guys in NY today but my awesome iPhone had no service all day
    Keep a eye out for a used one with low hours and extended warranty if needed. There are deals out there.

I just bought an 08 RXP leftover here in CT. I got a great deal and saw similar posts to this one so I asked the owner how he could sell me it so cheap. He explained that he had bought this leftover from a dealer who went out of business and Seadoo gives him a credit for doing the work to pick it up and get it off their hands.

He told me if he had bought the ski new he would be no where close to the number I got since he gets no credit from BRP or Seadoo to push the machine, they have to cover their investement in the machine.

I got mine for out the door taxes and alll for $9,200 with a 5 year B.E.S.T warranty, he said if it was his machine since new we would have been in the $11,000's.

Hope that helps you get an idea of where these leftovers a priced at.

That's the kind of deal I'm looking for.
    Called about an 07 that had "call for price". Dealer wanted full MSRP plus trailer plus freight for a 4+ year old machine. I know it's new but still.
    Was same when I called about the 09's and an 08 rxp-x.

This place is local to me and they have 3 08' RXP-X's. 1 that's brand new and the other 2 are demo's with under 10 hours. Here's the link.
    http://www.ghettoworks.com/

$10,300 on the demo's and $10,500 is the best I could get him to. Needless to say I left.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle's v View Post
    This place is local to me and they have 3 08' RXP-X's. 1 that's brand new and the other 2 are demo's with under 10 hours. Here's the link.
    http://www.ghettoworks.com/

$10,300 on the demo's and $10,500 is the best I could get him to. Needless to say I left.
    Wonder why so many SD dealers are closing down or losing/giving up their SD dealership.

I bought a brand new 08PX in May 2008 for 13K OTD with a trailer and cover. I thought I had gotten a good deal, because they were pretty hot at the time. So, I knew I was going to paid, but I wanted it.

Keep looking for a used one. They are out there. Lots people buy these skis and find out they are not really interested in jetskiing after all.

Just bought a 08 RXP leftover. Out the door was $11,275 with trailer 1/year warranty. I tried dealing on it last fall showing some of the prices I found around the country but the dealer wouldn't budge on price much. I thought about this ski all winter. I wanted it and it was the only 08 RXP left in the area (I really like the red and white RXP) so I bought it. Dealer claims the interest he paid on it he was still loosing money on it. I really hope he didn't and did in fact make something just for the fact he's the closest dealer to me 15 minutes away and the next dealer is 40 minutes away and would like to see him stay in business for futures purchases and to do work on my ski.

Yea it kinda bugs me out how good of deals some people are getting compared to mine, but I'm still happy with it since I was really biased to the year/model/color. I could of actually gotten an 09 for $500 less at another dealer, but yellow, no way. I'd rather pay the extra $500 and get the color I wanted.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

BTW, price before tax on the ski alone was $9,950. I also got a OEM SeaDoo cover with it.

I bought my first seadoo yesterday. An 09 RXPX, $10,450 out the door. Thats including tax. I think I do OK!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information