Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2011 rxp x vs ultra 300x

so im in the market for a new ski, coming off a rxp 215, i really dont like the looks of the ultras they seem way to big and bulky. i love the look of the rxp x's however im a wondering how this 300 is going to stack up now against a rxpx. and if maybe i should wait a year for sea doos retaliation.

what does everyone think ???? im deffinently loving the rxpx but dont wanna get waxed buy some one on his big tank of a 300 witch he bought just cuz it says 300 on the side not 255

rxpx or 300x or wait till next year. ?????? has anyone rode both?

+1
    Riding conditions ... where do you ride, how big are the waves generally? If its 'big water' and usually big waves or lots of boat traffic, the Ultra will let you go faster most often. If you are on an inland lake or river, and waves and boat traffic is not bad at all, then I would go RXP again. IMO the RXP is one of the most fun skis around on good water, but if you ride rough water most of the time, an Ultra is a good choice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Riding conditions ... where do you ride, how big are the waves generally? If its 'big water' and usually big waves or lots of boat traffic, the Ultra will let you go faster most often. If you are on an inland lake or river, and waves and boat traffic is not bad at all, then I would go RXP again. IMO the RXP is one of the most fun skis around on good water, but if you ride rough water most of the time, an Ultra is a good choice.
    +1. The PX will wax a Kawi 300 on smooth water. Don't let the stated HP game fool you. The PX handles different, better than a P. It may look like the same ski, but its not. If you were happy with your P, you will be glad you got the PX. Put a intake grate, air intake system and pitch the stock prop for 8100. You have a 74-75mph PX that easy.

Oh yea, You will use less gas will the PX. Those Kawi Sc ski can drink some gas. Not saying the PX is good on gas just better than the Kawi on it.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Ride both, the 300x is a totally different ski, it looks like an ultra and sounds like an ultra and drinks like an ultra but from what I have heard the 300 handles like a dream since they reworked it. by no means am I bashing the px but the 300 will his 70-72 with just some washers under the speedo wheel. The new ultra has a big ass scoop grate on it that really sucks it down so if you could get a stock ultra 250 grate I bed it would be close to 75.

point being this is not the ultra 250 or 260 you remember, take it for a spin and see how you like it.

Sean

+1
    [QUOTE=jp1300r;1664356]+1. The PX will wax a Kawi 300 on smooth water. Don't let the stated HP game fool you. The PX handles different, better than a P. It may look like the same ski, but its not. If you were happy with your P, you will be glad you got the PX. Put a intake grate, air intake system and pitch the stock prop for 8100. You have a 74-75mph PX that easy.

+2 no brainer... rough water=300 smooth water=PX

+1
    i never believed I'n Kawi to be honest! i think of Kawi as a Dodge grade. just sayin! (no offense)

i would also throw into consideration that yammy FZR as well! Yammy always been a reliable ski and they do look pretty sick over most EXCEPT the P-X. Even 3 years later, i wouldn't consider trading my P-X! its a blast

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

+1
    Where are you located Supra. The only way to truely compare what you would like is to actually ride the two. I live on a big lake that gets very rough at times so I have had an ultra and have a new one coming in soon. If I lived on just smooth water I would have a PX. I can not say the ride of the new ski so I would only be using soneone elses words but soon I will and can give you a true opinion. Pretty much all that was said here in true but only you can really decide. What you could do is come on in for Mudbug. There will be both skis here and you can find out what you like. Take them both if the owners allow you to and ride the bayou and then the lake and see. I am hoping Sean is correct that we now could possibly have a 75 mph ski for under $250 I will be testing my different grates on my new ski. If the handling is as good as they say I will be very happy.
    In a nutshell......
    Where you ride
    How far do you want to go with speed and mods
    Small playful ski or big comfortable one
    Try to ride both on the same day in same conditions to experience a true test of difference

+1
    from what i heard as well being this economy is only getting worse, figure I'n gas guzzling too! my px burns a Lil gas but from what others say is the Kawi burns 2 times as much which that be $150 a day to ride. just sayin

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

+1
    Not being a Kawi guy I must say I do like the look of the machine. I know Kawi made some great improvements in the new machines, supercharger being one of the best. However, I still remember all the problems Kawi owners were having with the Ultras a few years back with the rings seating properly (OIG), Kawi left a lot of owners holding the bag on those expensive rebuilds. For that reason alone I would NEVER buy a Kawi!!! Customer support is by far something that should be factored in......Hopefully they managed to properly resolve the issues with the rings in later models. However buing the first unproven, untested 300s could turn out to be a risk to the buyer if warranty goes to shit. All Kawi did was point fingers at the owners for improper break in procedures, why those problems with only the Kawis and not the other manufacturers? I have been monitoring the Kawi threads pretty close to see how they perform and hold up, hopefully these turn out to be reliable machines for the near future.......Not trying to bash the new machine at all but simply stating facts from the past, look it up using the search feature!!!! As stated above the FZR is also turning out to be a solid machine worthy of any PWC owner, the PX is also a solid proven machine as stated by JP above.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Not being a Kawi guy I must say I do like the look of the machine. I know Kawi made some great improvements in the new machines, supercharger being one of the best. However, I still remember all the problems Kawi owners were having with the Ultras a few years back with the rings seating properly (OIG), Kawi left a lot of owners holding the bag on those expensive rebuilds. For that reason alone I would NEVER buy a Kawi!!! Customer support is by far something that should be factored in......Hopefully they managed to properly resolve the issues with the rings in later models. However buing the first unproven, untested 300s could turn out to be a risk to the buyer if warranty goes to shit. All Kawi did was point fingers at the owners for improper break in procedures, why those problems with only the Kawis and not the other manufacturers? I have been monitoring the Kawi threads pretty close to see how they perform and hold up, hopefully these turn out to be reliable machines for the near future.......Not trying to bash the new machine at all but simply stating facts from the past, look it up using the search feature!!!! As stated above the FZR is also turning out to be a solid machine worthy of any PWC owner, the PX is also a solid proven machine as stated by JP above.
    Hate to say I told you so, looks like the Kawi guys may be starting to have some issues.....

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Consuming-Oil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information