Thread: fzs BOV?

fzs BOV?

Is there a need to use a bov on the ski. I know few things bout superchargers and turbos. I'm planning on building my intake soon and just wanted to see if I needed a bov first. I'm bout to order the r&d ribbon delete sleeve and bov or the r&d surge valve.

+1
    If you are increasing boost or doing a lot of offshore riding then I would recommend it. On a stock SC or ECU it really is not necessary but here is how I look at it..... new clutch = 500$ BOV kit = 350$

+1
    I'm using the R&D surge valve, which, IMO, is sufficient until you start swapping wheels, ecu's, etc. I would use a regular BOV on a highly modified ski. If I decide to use a BOV sometime down the road, there are adapters to fit them to a 1" tube, so the same tube that the R&D surge valve is on could be used for a different BOV.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyE173 View Post
    Is there a need to use a bov on the ski. I know few things bout superchargers and turbos. I'm planning on building my intake soon and just wanted to see if I needed a bov first. I'm bout to order the r&d ribbon delete sleeve and bov or the r&d surge valve.
    I would get a BOV. I like to have as much support/safety as possible. It will make your motor last longer.

the reason for the bov is for when u r riding and u catch a wave or u let go off the throttle all that pressure u r releasing it when u have a bov that is what makes it whistle now if u dont have a bov ur putting all that pressure back into the engine and in time u can say bye bye to ur clutch

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luckyE173 View Post
    http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...Q5fAccessories

bought mine from here and it works perfectly fine

Thread Information