enlightned with PRO knowledge

well, i will say i just finished over this week and last weekend the entire thread on the saga of bowsnipers 785. i must say it was VERY informative and will be useful WHEN i settle on a pro 785 or 1200..i just wish the shark forum had as much enthusiasm for them. oh well i WILL be getting a pro, but in the same turn i plan on keeping my 1997 daytona 1000. who knows maybe ill go in to a indepth transplant of a 1998 arctic cat 175hp snowmobile motor, hell why not?? with the exception of a few minor aspects they are identical motors, i just happen to have one on my bench,,or better yet i just bought a wrecked Z1 Turbo sled,,wow that motor can be tuned to 250 hp,,,would be a lil harder of a mate tho...anyway kudos on that thread,,i hope to have my pro purchased before river is ready to ride!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy669 View Post
    who knows maybe ill go in to a indepth transplant of a 1998 arctic cat 175hp snowmobile motor, hell why not?? with the exception of a few minor aspects they are identical motors,
    Porting and pipes. (just to name the biggies)

Due to the use of clutches and engagement setpoints, the sled motor can have hotter porting. This combined with the biggest factor, which is the tuned triple pipes, allows the sled motor to make much more power.

If you throw that sled motor in there with it's stock porting and single pipe, you'll probably being going backwards in terms of performance.

yah i figured the exhaust would be the downfall...plus with the sleds running in such cold temps...the power is so much diffrent...oh well ill just get me a pro and go from there...

Thread Information