Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates

R3 tested today ... 81mph

Finally I tested my FZR after R&D R3 reflash ...

Was running rich I could feel it ... Will install the AFR Gauge this Thursday to tune my RFPR and PS.

I went [email protected]

Happy with it as a first test ... Will do more testing this weekend after the tuning ... Will post results soon ...

+1
    SWEET!

What mods did it take to get there besides the R3?

Let us know what those AFR numbers are. Out of curiosity, what did it do to make you think it was rich?

Thanks ... I have Riva stage I with R&D grate and plate, Riva stage II with power cooler, R&D engine/IC Cooling kit ... SKAT13/24 ...

Used it first with the boost clamp and then without it ... With boost clamp [email protected], disconnected it and got [email protected] (weird) ...

Installed powershot with ski over the trailer ... First run [email protected], made some tuning to acceleration mode and WOT mode, reached [email protected]

Then I did a long WOT, reached [email protected] and here the ski slowed down for a second and went down to mid 70's. released the throttle and hit it again to 81mph, same thing.

Will post detailed results once I installed the AFR Gauge. Still have the Riva nozzle not installed, will try it too and see what different rings will do.

+1
    Nice numbers . What are your air and water temps over there right now?
    Stick that Riva nozzle on there and try out the different rings out. Did you get larger rings (I hope so) also or just the 81, 82 and 83mm rings that come with it? Trying out a larger ring might be the way to go before you lower the trailing edge to raise your rpm's....that is if you are okay with 8600 rpm's, which I am. I think you still have some mph's left on the table there.

I have the 81, 82 & 83 rings. Will try them all and then will see if I can get the 86 and try it. Maybe will open one of them wider if I see that I don't need it ...

It was warm today ... Around 27C (80F) ... Water was ok ... I wanted to install the O2 sensor today but dont have the tools to open the square thing in the exhaust. I got the Riva O2 sensor mount. Anyone knows how hard it is to open it? What tools do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by FZR AD View Post
    I have the 81, 82 & 83 rings. Will try them all and then will see if I can get the 86 and try it. Maybe will open one of them wider if I see that I don't need it ...

It was warm today ... Around 27C (80F) ... Water was ok ... I wanted to install the O2 sensor today but dont have the tools to open the square thing in the exhaust. I got the Riva O2 sensor mount. Anyone knows how hard it is to open it? What tools do I need?
    A regular 1/2 socket will do, i recommend intalling it right before water test, the sensor dont like humidity.

Will stop the ski for two days then install it so it will be dry already ... And will unplug it after testing ... Can I reinstall the original blocking peace after testing?

water box is never 100% dry. I install when i get to the ramp and remove as soon as i finish.

+1
    I left my sensor in for 9 months....it finally started acting up after that.

+1
    I left my sensor in for 9 months....it finally started acting up after that.
    not sure why but the FZ`s are hard on the O2 sensors I have gone thru 2 and have had the same one in my RXT-x for over 2 years

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information