Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do i Set rebuilt carbs on a fresh engine

I rebuilt the carbs and the engine on an 01 1200 gpr I'm going to set them as per oside Bill's specs .But My qustion is how do I tune carbs On an engine that isn't broken in?

+1
    If you set them up like I have shown, then they are tuned and ready to go. all you have to do is set the idle adjuster.

Thanks I really do appreciate the advice. Now my problem is to go with premix keep the oil injection and keep an eye on the hoses. To get out to the lake I have to go through two chanels(no wake 10-15 min) I'm wondering how bad the engine will load up.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    IMHO, stick with oil injection. check the lines and replace any that are questionable. I switched to premix and it really gets to be a pain in the ass after awhile. its so much nicer to just fill up and go.
    As far as loading up, just give the throttle a quick blip ever so often and you'll be fine.

I'm thinking That you may be right.Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by broke View Post
    Thanks I really do appreciate the advice. Now my problem is to go with premix keep the oil injection and keep an eye on the hoses. To get out to the lake I have to go through two chanels(no wake 10-15 min) I'm wondering how bad the engine will load up.
    I would also stick with the oil injection. I switched to premix last year and am now switching back to the oil injection system as soon as I buy new oil lines and clamps, its just a lot easier and cheaper to stick with the oil injection IMO.

+1
    I took everyone's advice last season ( bought the 97 gp1200 with no oil injection ) and took off the 99's - Sure wish I had both injections back on them... its such a pain and time consuming to premix. It seems to use so much more oil as well. I run 40:1 - I'd stay with the injection, just double clamp your hoses and check them frequently. I did this to a buddies 99 and hes yet to have any issues- Good luck!

Sorry havn't been here in a while but what would be My best bet for new lines and clamps?

Its really not that much more trouble to pre-mix than it is to use the oil injection, however it does burn more oil with premix. When I get to the gas pump i pour 16oz of oil into my gas tank then pump 5 gallons. Pour another 16oz of oil and pump another 5 gallons and so on until its full. All the starts and stops and left and right hand turns on the way to the launch ramp is enough to fully mix the gas and oil. Once I lauch the ski and before I start it I get on it and rock it back and forth a few times for safe measures then start it up and ride off. No problems.

+1
    16oz??? I run 12oz per 5 gallons or 40:1. I don't use anymore oil then when injected, it just seems that way since you pour the whole gallon in at once vs mixing it each time. in fact I smoke less after pre-mixing then I did when injected.
    my $.02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information