Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New member.06' RXP or 08' RXP-X???

Been lurking on the forum for a few weeks and decided to sign up today. I'm looking to get an RXP.

BOTH IN MINT CONDITION
    I have an 06 gold/black RXP with 16 hours I can get for $6,000
    or an 08' RXP-X with 16 hours as well for $9,500

They both come with a trailer,cover and 2 life jackets. The RXP-X seems a little high but I'm really not sure. There's a dealer local to me that has 3 leftover 08' X's and the best I could get him to was $10,300 without a trailer.

The 06' seems like a better deal but what are the differences besides the hp?? Is there hidden issues I should worry about with the 06' vs the 08'?

I also want something that is mod friendly. I was thinking about starting this year with a stage 1 kit and thru the hull exhaust.

+1
    well.... The o6' have some super charger washers that need to be replaced, which could cause some potential dammage.
    if your going to mod them... id say get the one with most interior space.. but stock the o8 would be better, and probably give you more HP with the same mods as the o6, otherwise you can save up, get the o6, change the sc washers, and mod it with the saved money.
    but heres a question why does the o6 have only 16 hours on it? its understanable for the o8.. maybe the washers already explosed and caused some dammage?
    overall id go with th o8 rxp=x for the higher resale value later on.
    hope i helped.

Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    well.... The o6' have some super charger washers that need to be replaced, which could cause some potential dammage.
    if your going to mod them... id say get the one with most interior space.. but stock the o8 would be better, and probably give you more HP with the same mods as the o6, otherwise you can save up, get the o6, change the sc washers, and mod it with the saved money.
    but heres a question why does the o6 have only 16 hours on it? its understanable for the o8.. maybe the washers already explosed and caused some dammage?
    overall id go with th o8 rxp=x for the higher resale value later on.
    hope i helped.

Is there a difference in interior space between these two? Not sure why the 06' is such low hours. All I really know is that it's in exellent shape. Is the price high on the 08?? A guy that works where I do owns the 08' and I've actually layed hands on it. It's perfect!! Just seems kinda high but maybe not since it's an RXP-X..

+1
    Bought a 09 PX with 18 hours, cover, and older Shorelander trailer for 1k less than the 08 PX you found. I know its a tough pill for the seller to take, but a 08 PX is really worth maybe 8K on a trailer.

+1
    i dont think there is.. but if you check inside maybe some components are placed diferently offering more space... i own a 2006-2007 rxp 215. love it so far ( got it for 1000$)
    yea the price seems a BIT high on the 2008 in my opinion... if you can walk away with it for 8500-8700 id consider that i good deal.
    and the o6's suspiciously low hours are suspicious to me..

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Bought a 09 PX with 18 hours, cover, and older Shorelander trailer for 1k less than the 08 PX you found. I know its a tough pill for the seller to take, but a 08 PX is really worth maybe 8K on a trailer.

The guy is wanting what he owes on it. The thing with that though is he financed everything sales tax,cover and jackets so that's why he owe's so much.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    i dont think there is.. but if you check inside maybe some components are placed diferently offering more space... i own a 2006-2007 rxp 215. love it so far ( got it for 1000$)
    yea the price seems a BIT high on the 2008 in my opinion... if you can walk away with it for 8500-8700 id consider that i good deal.
    and the o6's suspiciously low hours are suspicious to me..
    The 06' is a few hours away from me and I haven't had a chance to go check it out yet. What would I need to look for if I decide to go with the 06'?

+1
    well you cant check if the sc washers are ceramic or not, (which they most probably are)
    and check for any dammage, ask if you could turn it on (or test drive it ) in water and see if it reaches 8000RPM.
    honestly, id go with the o8, less worrying and problems, in the end if your too lazy to mod it and just want to ride and have fun , the o8 would be a better reashurer in my mind..

+1
    I would do the PX. But then I am biased because I have one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle's v View Post
    The guy is wanting what he owes on it. The thing with that though is he financed everything sales tax,cover and jackets so that's why he owe's so much.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

The 06' is a few hours away from me and I haven't had a chance to go check it out yet. What would I need to look for if I decide to go with the 06'?
    What can you say? He is upside down on the ski.

The 06 sounds nice, but possible SCer failure and the cost to bring it even to a 08PX would make me shy a way from that deal.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I would do the PX. But then I am biased because I have one.
    I have two. LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    What can you say? He is upside down on the ski.

The 06 sounds nice, but possible SCer failure and the cost to bring it even to a 08PX would make me shy a way from that deal.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I have two. LOL
    +1

Twice as good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information