Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions about aftermarket parts 07 Ultra 250

I'm just a weekend rider who wants a fast ride. I've always had an Ultra 150 modded and it was extremely fast for a 2 stroker. Just purchased a 250x and would like to know what parts you guys think are the most important to gain some top speed. Got a rival on the lake with a modded 08. I'd just like not to get embarrassed. BTW my old Ultra 150 would almost keep up (GPSed at 72 mph) Just lookin for a short list of the most important mods from the experts.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Search is your friend.......... theres plenty of info on here, spend a little time looking around then come ask questions............

+1
    timing mod
    exhaust
    etc

awesome site
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewforum.php?f=43

Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    timing mod
    exhaust
    etc

awesome site
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewforum.php?f=43
    I just bought a 07 ultra 250 and put a riva exhaust in it. It sounds a bit better but I didn't get any big gains from it, not even 1MPH (GPS) If I had to do it again I would leave it stock. Next is a ride plate. I'll let you know how that goes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elityler View Post
    I just bought a 07 ultra 250 and put a riva exhaust in it. It sounds a bit better but I didn't get any big gains from it, not even 1MPH (GPS) If I had to do it again I would leave it stock. Next is a ride plate. I'll let you know how that goes.
    do you ride river or offshore?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

IC dual feed mod,wedge,riva plate,BoV block off,hull intake vent mod,timing

I now keep ski stock but my impression on biggest bangs for 250 bucks are as follows:

Riva ride plate: 1 to 3 mph (I got 3 mph gps in flat calm) but less stability in rough;

1 to 2 deg wedge: 1 to 2 mph in calmer conditions but less hook-up in rough;

Plug ride plate holes, clean out all excess silicone: .5 to 1.5 mph;

Advance timing: 1.5 to 3mph;

Clogged intercooler: -68mph

Pump bearing failure: -68mph

Exhaust: 0 to 1mph

Pulley, fuel injectors, ECU, turbo etc.: outside my paygrade

TN 250, good to see you back.

+1
    Lol, this is pretty accurate. Also do the double bottom intercooler mod and air vent mods to get air into your hull. These should get you into the 72 mph range and still be reliable. Change your oil alot if you can't find a catch can. If you ride in rough water, skip the riva plate and go TBM or R&D. You can also modify your intake grate for more hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I now keep ski stock but my impression on biggest bangs for 250 bucks are as follows:

Riva ride plate: 1 to 3 mph (I got 3 mph gps in flat calm) but less stability in rough;

1 to 2 deg wedge: 1 to 2 mph in calmer conditions but less hook-up in rough;

Plug ride plate holes, clean out all excess silicone: .5 to 1.5 mph;

Advance timing: 1.5 to 3mph;

Clogged intercooler: -68mph

Pump bearing failure: -68mph

Exhaust: 0 to 1mph

Pulley, fuel injectors, ECU, turbo etc.: outside my paygrade

TN 250, good to see you back.

have done everything in rva ugrade just finish water box (used 2008 upgrade water box) and 2007 free flow exhaust testing today ride plate and intake grate did the most for speed 2 to 3 mph and take off did not get anything changing the power filter kit thinking about filling the holes in ride plate read to use jb water weld can u get it back out if needed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stick View Post
    have done everything in rva ugrade just finish water box (used 2008 upgrade water box) and 2007 free flow exhaust testing today ride plate and intake grate did the most for speed 2 to 3 mph and take off did not get anything changing the power filter kit thinking about filling the holes in ride plate read to use jb water weld can u get it back out if needed
    Anything else then oem grate will cost you mph, it's the oem that is best for speed,you can remove the center bar if you like, for the plate hole cut a little piece of duk tabe and put it on the bolt head and then fill the hole with JB weld or putty,that way the paste wont get in to the bolt head and yes it is fairly easy to pull it out if you need to. The air vent mod and the flat filter will give 100 more rpm

I have a riva plate, 6 degree timing advance with repitched prop, 2 Degree pump wedge, 15f cams, r&d powershot(new in package), riva exhaust with macc modified open class waterbox, and an impros modified pump that I am selling. Prices are reasonable, if you want to save a little money. All parts are in great shape. Everything has to go. I'm into a new project.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information