Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dalton, GA
    Posts
    12

    Questions about aftermarket parts 07 Ultra 250

    I'm just a weekend rider who wants a fast ride. I've always had an Ultra 150 modded and it was extremely fast for a 2 stroker. Just purchased a 250x and would like to know what parts you guys think are the most important to gain some top speed. Got a rival on the lake with a modded 08. I'd just like not to get embarrassed. BTW my old Ultra 150 would almost keep up (GPSed at 72 mph) Just lookin for a short list of the most important mods from the experts.


  2. #2
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    Search is your friend.......... theres plenty of info on here, spend a little time looking around then come ask questions............

  3. #3
    98gsxl951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my ski, on the CT river
    Posts
    879
    +1
    3
    timing mod
    exhaust
    etc

    awesome site
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewforum.php?f=43

  4. #4
    Elityler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    timing mod
    exhaust
    etc

    awesome site
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewforum.php?f=43
    I just bought a 07 ultra 250 and put a riva exhaust in it. It sounds a bit better but I didn't get any big gains from it, not even 1MPH (GPS) If I had to do it again I would leave it stock. Next is a ride plate. I'll let you know how that goes.

  5. #5
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Elityler View Post
    I just bought a 07 ultra 250 and put a riva exhaust in it. It sounds a bit better but I didn't get any big gains from it, not even 1MPH (GPS) If I had to do it again I would leave it stock. Next is a ride plate. I'll let you know how that goes.
    do you ride river or offshore?

    ---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

    IC dual feed mod,wedge,riva plate,BoV block off,hull intake vent mod,timing

  6. #6
    I now keep ski stock but my impression on biggest bangs for 250 bucks are as follows:

    Riva ride plate: 1 to 3 mph (I got 3 mph gps in flat calm) but less stability in rough;

    1 to 2 deg wedge: 1 to 2 mph in calmer conditions but less hook-up in rough;

    Plug ride plate holes, clean out all excess silicone: .5 to 1.5 mph;

    Advance timing: 1.5 to 3mph;

    Clogged intercooler: -68mph

    Pump bearing failure: -68mph

    Exhaust: 0 to 1mph

    Pulley, fuel injectors, ECU, turbo etc.: outside my paygrade

    TN 250, good to see you back.

  7. #7
    stangbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    844
    +1
    129
    Lol, this is pretty accurate. Also do the double bottom intercooler mod and air vent mods to get air into your hull. These should get you into the 72 mph range and still be reliable. Change your oil alot if you can't find a catch can. If you ride in rough water, skip the riva plate and go TBM or R&D. You can also modify your intake grate for more hookup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I now keep ski stock but my impression on biggest bangs for 250 bucks are as follows:

    Riva ride plate: 1 to 3 mph (I got 3 mph gps in flat calm) but less stability in rough;

    1 to 2 deg wedge: 1 to 2 mph in calmer conditions but less hook-up in rough;

    Plug ride plate holes, clean out all excess silicone: .5 to 1.5 mph;

    Advance timing: 1.5 to 3mph;

    Clogged intercooler: -68mph

    Pump bearing failure: -68mph

    Exhaust: 0 to 1mph

    Pulley, fuel injectors, ECU, turbo etc.: outside my paygrade

    TN 250, good to see you back.

  8. #8
    have done everything in rva ugrade just finish water box (used 2008 upgrade water box) and 2007 free flow exhaust testing today ride plate and intake grate did the most for speed 2 to 3 mph and take off did not get anything changing the power filter kit thinking about filling the holes in ride plate read to use jb water weld can u get it back out if needed

  9. #9
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by stick View Post
    have done everything in rva ugrade just finish water box (used 2008 upgrade water box) and 2007 free flow exhaust testing today ride plate and intake grate did the most for speed 2 to 3 mph and take off did not get anything changing the power filter kit thinking about filling the holes in ride plate read to use jb water weld can u get it back out if needed
    Anything else then oem grate will cost you mph, it's the oem that is best for speed,you can remove the center bar if you like, for the plate hole cut a little piece of duk tabe and put it on the bolt head and then fill the hole with JB weld or putty,that way the paste wont get in to the bolt head and yes it is fairly easy to pull it out if you need to. The air vent mod and the flat filter will give 100 more rpm

  10. #10
    TEAM BRONX TECH FAT BOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    353
    I have a riva plate, 6 degree timing advance with repitched prop, 2 Degree pump wedge, 15f cams, r&d powershot(new in package), riva exhaust with macc modified open class waterbox, and an impros modified pump that I am selling. Prices are reasonable, if you want to save a little money. All parts are in great shape. Everything has to go. I'm into a new project.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB 07 ultra 250 x parts
    By b&v in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 05:14 PM
  2. Some Parts and Accessories for My 07 Ultra 250 are for Sale
    By ercBOOSTED in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 04:59 AM
  3. F.s. Like New 07 Ultra 250
    By oshtodd in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
  4. some questions about preformance parts on 66e
    By stingray152003 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
  5. Question about aftermarket reeds
    By Tony in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 02:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •