07 rxp 215 (newb questions) seat/flush/decals

Ive done my research before posting but i just had a few questions. I bought my jetski a few weeks ago its a 2007 rxp 215 Red/White. My first question is when i bought the jetski the previous owner though it looked better without the RXP decal that goes along the rear of the jetski. its like split into a few sections. My questions about that is, the cheapest i have found them for is $120 for both sides and i really dont know if its worth putting them back on. Im pretty much just looking for peoples input on that. (i have seen a previous discussion about that on this forum or another forum). second question (really newb quetion) when flushing what is the reason that the engine must be running, i know it will flood but what difference does it make if the engine is running or if its off? third final question is my seat cover is ripped on the jetski and i am looking to get another one ive had people say go with the stock one, or the riva racing one and so on. But seat covers are also pretty expensive plus install. any ideas?
    thanks for all of your help and sorry about the lame questions....im learning lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    Ive done my research before posting but i just had a few questions. I bought my jetski a few weeks ago its a 2007 rxp 215 Red/White. My first question is when i bought the jetski the previous owner though it looked better without the RXP decal that goes along the rear of the jetski. its like split into a few sections. My questions about that is, the cheapest i have found them for is $120 for both sides and i really dont know if its worth putting them back on. Im pretty much just looking for peoples input on that. (i have seen a previous discussion about that on this forum or another forum).
    It's purely personal opinion as to whether or not you like the ski without stickers. They aren't cheap to replace. I'd leave them off since - I'm into the "experience" of the ride rather than what I look like riding, and probably throw the money into performance modifications.

second question (really newb quetion) when flushing what is the reason that the engine must be running, i know it will flood but what difference does it make if the engine is running or if its off?
    The ski needs to be running for the exhaust gasses to force out the water so the hose doesn't overfill the waterbox. If you left your ski off while it's on the hose, the exhaust won't remove excess water - and if you leave the hose on long enough - you'll fill the waterbox, fill the exhaust manifold and a couple cylinders.

third final question is my seat cover is ripped on the jetski and i am looking to get another one ive had people say go with the stock one, or the riva racing one and so on. But seat covers are also pretty expensive plus install. any ideas?
    thanks for all of your help and sorry about the lame questions....im learning lol
    It wouldn't hurt to visit a local Upholstery shop to see what they can do. Ebay is a good place to find a seat, but alot of people use the seat covers - cause they're alot cheaper than a new seat and they look cool.

Be sure to check out the online Greenhulk store for your PWC needs.

Craigo

+1
    Additionally, I think there is a possibility of warping your ride plate if you run the engine out of the water while not being connected to the hose. Remember: To start - Connect the hose, start the engine, turn on the water. To finish - Disconnect hose, shut off engine.

thanks for all of the help!

Thread Information