Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

AFR and Boost Gauges on RXP?

Hello everyone!

My 1st post, and i must say awesome forum, great advice, nice people!

So i just bought a couple months ago a 04 RXP Stage 3+ i took almost everything appart (except for removing engine) to make sure everything is ok and setup correctly, now installing groco filter and shutoff valves. I wanted to put gauges on it to make sure everything is fine (engine health wise) and i was thinking:

-Afr gauge, which one, and i dont want to weld, so any ready kit to install it, i saw R&D had a ring to go between the exhaust manifold and j-pipe, but cant find what years it will fit?
    -Boost gague, which one, and where to take pressure reading from? The throttle body had a small black hose that is blocked off at the end, can i use that?
    -Engine water temp, again where should i take the rading from, any mod without drilling and tapping?
    -Where to install these, i thought to put them in place of the mirrors, how can i waterproof that area and is there a ready foam(?) insert or similar deal somewhere?

Thank you all for your time, and i apologize if any of this is a repost and has been covered already(please send links)

Regards Rafael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0689.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	234889  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trofodotiki View Post
    Hello everyone!

So i just bought a couple months ago a 04 RXP Stage 3+ i took almost everything appart (except for removing engine) to make sure everything is ok and setup correctly, now installing groco filter and shutoff valves. I wanted to put gauges on it to make sure everything is fine (engine health wise) and i was thinking:

-Afr gauge, which one, and i dont want to weld, so any ready kit to install it, i saw R&D had a ring to go between the exhaust manifold and j-pipe, but cant find what years it will fit?
    -Boost gague, which one, and where to take pressure reading from? The throttle body had a small black hose that is blocked off at the end, can i use that?
    -Engine water temp, again where should i take the rading from, any mod without drilling and tapping?
    -Where to install these, i thought to put them in place of the mirrors, how can i waterproof that area and is there a ready foam(?) insert or similar deal somewhere?

Thank you all for your time, and i apologize if any of this is a repost and has been covered already(please send links)

Regards Rafael
    Dynotune Digital guages for sure with a Lc1 for measuring AFR. YOu can drill and tap exhaust manifold(do a search on it) or you can buy the R&D xtender and it says to be used on a Rxpx I'm sure you can use it on the Rxp correct me if Im wrong. Dynotune boost gauge should hook up to your intake manifold block off plate if you have ports on it, it not you can get a Jfizzle block off plate from the performance store on here. It screws right in. Alot of people go with the blue guage faces because it's easier to see in the daylight... but I have red because I got a great deal on them and can see them just fine. HOpe this helps...

+1
    Rafael,the boost guage can be hooked up using the riva oem intercooler block off. Or you can drill the nipples out on the intake runners.
    like I said on the phone, the r&d exhaust extender is a pain to get on but will work... waterTemp can't be taken by teeing into the oem water temp sensor...
    AlsoI would check out forum member jlewis for a customers gauge pod. Rather then cutting up your mirrors.

+1
    I got the innovate blue gauge and a boost gauge to match. Cut a piece of ally and epoxied it in so I had a flat surface to mount and seal the gauges to. The mirror surround is held in with clips. I just put some epoxy behind the new screw locations, drilled holes and tapped them. Not hard just time http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/asse...4&d=1294464391

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trofodotiki View Post
    Hello everyone!

Regards Rafael
    Welcome to Greenhulk my friend..Hope you enjoy your time here...As far as your gauges go i would recommend the boost and AFR gauge...in your setup,IMO, the water temp gauge is overkill as these engines dont usually have a problem..and if you put a Rotax Racing thermo on it youll definatly not have to worry about engine water temps..Most guys run Dyno tune gauges.they are digital gauges and seem to work well on these skis...Forum member JLewis makes 2,3 and 4 pod gauge pods for our skis that fit on the glove box lids and look extremely nice...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...xpx-new-thread

+1
    I bought a couple 2" pieces of PVC pipe with slip fittings. The gages fit into the slip fitting very well. Cut a couple elliptical holes in the glove box lid and epoxied them in at an angle so I could see them clearly. Smooth the joints with body filler, sand and paint. It does not look as good as the bought pods but is much cheaper. I figure at some point I will upgrade to a
    "store bought" cover. Will post pictures at some point I hope.

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    Dynatune has good history on our boats and great customer support.

+1
    Hey guys, i wanted to say a big thanks first of all for all the advice, and so quickly!

So are these Gauges you recommend waterproof to the point where if the ski is flipped and the gauges underwater it will be ok?And instead of taking power directly from the battery(ofcourse with switch and fuse) can i wire it up to the loom so the gauges come on when i use the skis key?

+1
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but the r&d extender with o2 bung is not a direct bolt on if you plan on using the o2. You will need to drill a hole in your exhaust manifold end bell. As for the gauges being water proof to the point of flipping the ski I would say yes but would not want to test it or leave it flipped for long. Also you can power the gauges with the battery but use a relay to turn them on when the lanyard is installed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information