Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    what thickness bars do i need too buy for gpr

    Im going to buy some bars for my gpr but what thickness am i buying. I dont feel like pulling the ski out just to check cus its in the back of the shop. If anyone can help me that would be great

    Thanks


  2. #2
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,799
    +1
    2,013
    7/8

  3. #3
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,134
    +1
    1,050
    And don't forget to get some wide ones. You need as much straight bar towards the grip (outer end) to fit the start/stop and trim mechanisms. 32" - 32.5" usually gets the job done.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    And don't forget to get some wide ones. You need as much straight bar towards the grip (outer end) to fit the start/stop and trim mechanisms. 32" - 32.5" usually gets the job done.
    Artie, I`m pretty sure the Riva 28`s have enough bar end length as the bar pad is "mini"...
    and +1 on the 32`s as long as they are left uncut...

  5. #5
    What do you mean about the 32's being left uncut?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by yamadood View Post
    What do you mean about the 32's being left uncut?
    after market bars that come wide, 32" have the large 10" bar pad/cross rail. most aftermarket bars have "measured marks" on both sides if you wanted to shorten the overall length by "cutting the tubing/bars.
    Left uncut the GRP trim assembly and start/stop button assy will fit. if you cut the bars to short, it may not...

    check out the many threads of other members modifying their quick trim assy with new grips. some of those threads are very detailed and you`ll get a better idea of what to anticipate with whatever you use/retain or add to your bars...

  7. #7
    Danm i was just going to order random motocross bars. Lets make this easyer on me so i dont buy the wrong thing and waste my money. What would be a good set of bars to purchase. Also whats a good throtle lever to buy? I read up on that you can mount the trim controler on aftermarket bars with a little modification corect?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser9 View Post
    Danm i was just going to order random motocross bars. Lets make this easyer on me so i dont buy the wrong thing and waste my money. What would be a good set of bars to purchase. Also whats a good throtle lever to buy? I read up on that you can mount the trim controler on aftermarket bars with a little modification corect?
    pulser at this point the only thing to correctly reccommend is that you do a board search for the bars and trim, and see the many pictures of how the other forum members have mounted their trim and what bars they used...
    To correctly tell you which bar will work best is like trying to tell you, eat the lamb chops, you`ll like em...lol...
    Rider height, rider stance, bar width, pullback, and bar height all play a part in a comfortable riding position...

    personally I have used Pro taper SE Windham/RM bend, and currently have the Riva runabout 28" bars with RSI risers, so I can retain using my cover for storage and I don`t use the OEM trim system on either bar set up...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Going to look at RXT 215, what do i need to look for.
    By DRock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 04:10 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 10:14 AM
  5. What all parts do i need to do the 05 pump conversion ??
    By slow1300 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •