Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: gp1300r 2008

gp1300r 2008

hey guys new to this site and i have an 2008 yamaha gp1300r i bought new last summer. It has a warranty on it for 3 years but i know there are some things i can still do to it. Was hopping to get pointed in the right direction as to what mods i should do. I have been looking at r&d ride plates and intake grates..But my main question is will the island racing holeshot kit void my warranty?

I would start with an intake grate and rideplate... use the search button theres alot of great info on this site for our 1300s

the only thing I would touch under the seat is the spark plugs. They could be jerks and void it for pump mods blaming the problem on abuse. MOST likely they would not void it for pump mods but seriously I would not touch the engine. I work in a sales department for a major dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    hey guys new to this site and i have an 2008 yamaha gp1300r i bought new last summer. It has a warranty on it for 3 years but i know there are some things i can still do to it. Was hopping to get pointed in the right direction as to what mods i should do. I have been looking at r&d ride plates and intake grates..But my main question is will the island racing holeshot kit void my warranty?

Welcome to the Forum!
    Congrats on your 2008 GP1300R, excellent choice! and excellent color! Lots of luck with her!

your warranty can not be void if aftermarket parts are used as long as it is not directly related to any failure normally covered under warranty.
    you can add, ride plate, sponsons, grate, aftermarket bars, prop, etc as long as any hull issues are not related to the addition of the parts.
    Modifications that will void the warranty:
    jet works mod
    milled head
    going to premix
    adding electrical or fuel controllers.

most pump related coverages are if there is a defective part, bc impeller, wear rings, and condition of bearings and seals are all known as "wear items" and require maintenance regardless.

IR or ANY jet works mod will affect the warranty bc it requires drilling into the stinger
    , and adding a water source to the pump housing, and adding an additional water bypass thru hull fitting, depending on how you install it. so this mod is entirely up to the end user to monitor it is functioning properly so there is no leaks or failure to create an over heat of the exhaust system, which could lead to taking on water and sinking...

if your not in a big rush, ride the ski stock for one year, after you have a successful season, make a determination to mod or not...

also was the extended warranty thrown in to make the deal, or did it cost you a few more $$$ to purchase the extended warranty?
    there are quite a few mods that you can do to pick up a few MPH and make for better handling for your riding style even with a bone stock engine...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 04-08-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: made type bold

I purchased the warrenty because of the maintnance package that the dealer offered with it. They winterize it and de winterize it for free. I rode it all last summer and i would like to start slowly modding. I want handle bars can i buy any kind of motorcross bars as long as the 7/8. i guess i will be doing some research...I love this waverunner just i am a speed freak. i also painted the farings up by the handle bars black and will be adding a black ad blue seat cover to it, Will post pics when complete.!!!

+1
    I purchased the warrenty because of the maintnance package that the dealer offered with it. They winterize it and de winterize it for free. I rode it all last summer and i would like to start slowly modding. I want handle bars can i buy any kind of motorcross bars as long as the 7/8. i guess i will be doing some research...I love this waverunner just i am a speed freak. i also painted the farings up by the handle bars black and will be adding a black ad blue seat cover to it, Will post pics when complete.!!!
    hi to start i will just put a riva plate and a R&d 800 intake grate with this mods you should be on 70 mph or high 69 mph if you want i have a r&d intake grate just let me know

How much for the intake grate?

+1
    intake grate is going to be determined if you want hole shot or top end. 1200=holeshot, 800=top end. with 800 grate you risk the chance of grate failure or bolts pulling through. also, check up with your dealership, the warranty and maintenance plan should be 2 different things. the extended warranty is like it says...extension of your factory that covers manufacturer defects which can be cancelled and you should receive the difference and then there's a service plan which covers your scheduled maintenance as well as winterizing and de-winterizing.

Moderated
    you can get a second hand 1200 grate on here for about $85 USD and be sure to step your sponsons at the same time

+1
    "will the Island Holeshot kit void my warranty"?..absolutely....your drilling 3 holes in the exhaust, your replumbing and rerouting some of the exhaust water,your blocking off the water jackets on the bottom part of the stinger, your moving the exhaust water temp. sensor from its original place and possibly removing the silphoning bilge depending on how you do your JWs....will this have any direct relation to a internal engine problem you might have later on? ...maybe maybe not but the dealer have the right to void your warranty I believe,its a complex mod that can possibly go wrong and have serious concequences...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information