Thread locker for pump...

Just got the OPAS block off from RIVA and went to buy both the blue loctite and the thread locker for the pump plug (plastic or nylon) but can not find a product for it. Tried 2 places and its either a metal only product or a plastic only product. What did you use or find ??

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Davis151 View Post
    Just got the OPAS block off from RIVA and went to buy both the blue loctite and the thread locker for the pump plug (plastic or nylon) but can not find a product for it. Tried 2 places and its either a metal only product or a plastic only product. What did you use or find ??

Thanx
    The blue loctite is thread locker, im a little confused on what your trying to ask. When I did my OPAS blockoffs I used blue loctite on all of the screws and that was it. What are you referring to when you say pump plug? The only thing that comes to mind is the block off plates that you install near the pump. With the Riva ones they supply o-rings to install and you just put loctite on the screws holding the plates on. With other brands you may need to use some type of sealant such as "the right stuff" made by permatex or some 3M 5200 marine sealant.

+1
    i think your talking about that black threaded cap that goes on top of the pump,if so i used right stuff and never had a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post
    i think your talking about that black threaded cap that goes on top of the pump,if so i used right stuff and never had a problem....
    Yes... sorry for the confusion Use2vtec, this is what i am speaking of, I believe this part of the install only refers to certain models as other do not have the hose. I'll look for that product, thanx for the help gents.

Thread Information