Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to set up 04 RXP for wakeboarding

Hi all,
    I'm keen to set up my new ski (04 RXP) for wakeboarding. Has anyone added board racks or rope poles?
    Im after any mods or hints/tips I can do to make the ski better for wakeboarding. I guess top speed is not the issue it is more having the power to pull the person out of the water and having a half decent wake (for a pwc). At the moment my ski just "slips" when trying to pull them up, its done 50 hours and I cant see any impellar damage so i'm changing the wear ring and supercharger washers.

Pic's always help

cheers

Dave.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Dave, you may not get much help on this subject because most places here in the states it's illegal to use a 2 seater to pull a skier/wakerboarder etc or even a 3 seater with just a operator and skier/wakeboarder without a spotter. You may be able to use some of the stuff from the seadoo wake

oh thanks that makes sense. It is not illegal here but it is reccomended to have a spotter sitting on the seat looking backwards which is the way we do it. I will continue working on it and post up some pic's if anyone is interested.
    Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

just to add,
    is it because the RXP is classified as a "2 seater" or because you can't fit 3 on it? I fit myself and the spotter sitting in reverse with the wakeboarder either in the water or on the rear of the seat with no problems.

Just FYI, here in the states it varies by state. It is illegal in many states, but not in quite a few (like in Kentucky, where I have my lake house) We can even tow skiers with just the driver in the boat. Gotta have mirrors, that's all.

God forbid if you get pulled over and don't have a whistle and tow rope in your storage compartment though, LOL. (or have beer in the storage compartment, dry county and all....)

+1
    With first hand knowledge and nearly cited during the tubing accidental death of a sister in law... At least in Louisiana. You must have a seat for the towed person the spotter and operator so a three seated ski is minimal to tow and only one person may be towed at a time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    With first hand knowledge and nearly cited during the tubing accidental death of a sister in law... At least in Louisiana. You must have a seat for the towed person the spotter and operator so a three seated ski is minimal to tow and only one person may be towed at a time.
    damn jp. If you don't mind me asking. What happen to your sis in law?

+1
    I got a 04 rxp I use for wakesakteing hitting rails and sliders we build, let me kno if u get board racks to fit on the ski, to pull up a ski messing with the trim as u pull them up you'll feel a difrence.. I slamo ski behinde mine just takes a lil to get up

oh yea sounds good, by messing with the trim what d oyou mean? where do you start with it set and which way do you adjust it as you are dragging them up?

cheers

+1
    the VTS im trying to remember how i did it i got all my buddies jet skis running so we been just playing on the lakes not wakeboarding lately gotta put rails back on the lake but i think it was trim all the way up then when u give it gas at the same time start to bring the trim down itll help u get to plan quicker depends how hard and fast u take off to u might have to get going and the adjust trim and it varies from skier once ur going sit towards back of the ski then adjust trim ull see the wake shape change its hard to get wake on a rxp

I usually pull the rider out on level plane than stick the nose up once they get up.
    Wakejumper48 where do u ride in clearmont. I'm in Ocala not to far away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information