Thread: PWC Insurance?

+1

Question PWC Insurance?

So, i just bought a 2011 FZS with the 5 year warranty. I want to get insurance, but im not sure what companys everybody uses? I got a few quotes online and its very reasonable but ive been BEYOND busy lately so i didnt get to read into the details, and you guys are good at summing things up, so.... Who has it, and who has comments on it? Does it cover "comprehensive" dammage such as sucking a rock up and dinging up the impeller and wear ring? How about if the ski sprung a leak and sank, or sucked in water and blew up? Basically i was hoping it would cover what the warranty does not (this is how it was explained to me by the dealer i bought the ski at) so i want to see what experiences everybody has had. I plan on keeping the ski stock by the way. Thanks.

Brewmaster Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by nunnink23 View Post
    So, i just bought a 2011 FZS with the 5 year warranty. I want to get insurance, but im not sure what companys everybody uses? I got a few quotes online and its very reasonable but ive been BEYOND busy lately so i didnt get to read into the details, and you guys are good at summing things up, so.... Who has it, and who has comments on it? Does it cover "comprehensive" dammage such as sucking a rock up and dinging up the impeller and wear ring? How about if the ski sprung a leak and sank, or sucked in water and blew up? Basically i was hoping it would cover what the warranty does not (this is how it was explained to me by the dealer i bought the ski at) so i want to see what experiences everybody has had. I plan on keeping the ski stock by the way. Thanks.
    I also just bought a 2011 FZS to replace the 3 month old FZR that was crushed by another ski jumping over the 15' wave in front of me....that was a very sad day. Anyway, I had, and still have my ski covered under my homeowners policy with Farmers Ins. The completely covered the full value of my totally demolished ski, so I have no complaints. Not really sure about other kinds of damage, but I never really worried about it all that much.

I have state farm and pay so little (relative) I don't even recall how much
    They are not going to cover an impeller. They should cover theft, collision (like when you hit another ski, not a rock in the pump), fire, sinks and the like as long as there is no fraud involved. It should be listed in the policy.

Definitely check with your homeowners first. Mine did not cover PWCs or boats, but they referred me to Progressive, and I got a considerable discount by going through my homeowners insurance.

Thread Information