+1

is if ok for 150 to blow mist of oil out of the turbo outlet? burning oil too (blue)

just a quicky, im having so many problems with the 150, heres one that i think has been there the whole time:

ok, so my msx 150 will smoke and burn blue oil on idle (perhaps worse after a run?), and back on the trailer warm, on idle i can get a blue smoke fog much worst than any 2 stoke ive ever seen.

ok so my ski is intimitant at max speed, ive cleaned all sensors, all appeard to be ok, not oily etc.

ive taken the turbo flame arrestor off, to check turbo inlet (turbo shaft does have a fair bit of play but spins smooth

if i take off the elbow hose from turbo outlet to intercooler, there is no obvious sign of oil there, a white rag will show up fairly clean, i expect the white rag to 'dirt' abit.

the main part: if i run the engine on idle, with no pipe on turbo outlet, for 1-2 seconds holding a white piece of paper about 1" away i do get some obvious oil splats

please see the photo:

the oil dots are pale, as oil has done up to 2 hours! the ski has about 54hours

to me that dosent seem ok? with it on idle (prob upto 2500rpm) there is allot of air blow from turbo, and huge vaccume form intercooler (with this in mind it wouldnt take much else to draw the oil into the engine.

things like the ETB seem clean, but perhaps the oil is so clean that its harder to spot. oil is very clean, (hard to get a dipstic reading, as need to get the light reflecting to see the 'wet end' to the dipstick.

can some one just confirm that this would be a good enough conclution to pull the turbo, or is this ok and normal?

perhaps this is causing the ski's performace to be not consistant (could be fouling a sensor) seems it could be? please help/reply

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by spannerspencer View Post
    ... turbo shaft does have a fair bit of play but spins smooth...
    THAT doesn't sound right.

+1
    K447 thanks for your opinion. i don't think so ether! on the upside, if i need a new turbo, its a good excuse to get a bigger one from desperado @ precisionsports - go nicely with my stage1 map.....

anyone else think i should pull the turbo??????
    im going to get a good Polaris jetski dealer i know go through it with a digi wrench, so see what if any 'history codes' are getting thrown before i think about getting turbo off, as id like to confirm that ive got a sensor playing up, more than likely oil contamination related.

+1
    Without doubt 100% the turbo is crook and needs repair. You are on the right track with the desperardo upgrade. There is also a strong possibility that you have a contaminated map sensor or sensors sorry to say.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Without doubt 100% the turbo is crook and needs repair. You are on the right track with the desperardo upgrade. There is also a strong possibility that you have a contaminated map sensor or sensors sorry to say.
    i was hoping you would see this post Kosh, as i knew you would know!

this is good news for me really, as it hopefully is the hub of my problems! i dont mind buying a couple of map sensors, i will put new ones in while im at it, ill just chemicly clean out the chargecooler before to be safe. (ive already bypassed the oiltank vaccume hose)

thanks

Thread Information