Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X Low Compression

I wore a hole into the bottom of my kanaflex tube and sucked some water in. I'm getting 110/115/135 psi compression. I have a couple issues. I just bought a new RXT-X aS. Selling my RXP and was going to use this as my around town blaster and let the GF ride it. It's a bit much for the GF...

My problem. Rebuilt it? Buy a new short block? If I have the dealer do it, it is probably a wash as he says if I ingested water it will more than likely need pistons and boring and I would really want to change bearings and such, which I agree with. I could do it myself but I have time issues and general lack of desire to get in to it right now.

I'm thinking sell it as is, buy her a new GTX iS. Thats a big ouch also. What could I get for it? Mods are listed in my signature. I have all original parts that came out but prob would not put them in there.

You guys are the guys, thoughts? Please try to keep it positive.

+1
    If you do rebuild the motor, check the rods very closely as well. They tent to bend with water injection, particularly the PTO end.

If you decide to sell it, let me know. I may know someone interested in buying. Unfortunately I can't access classifieds anymore, so I will have to go post whoring.

Maybe I should have kept the RXP for the GF to ride but the P-X is such an awesome ride. Once you go X you don't go back. Any idea what I should get for it?? RXP is being sold on Ebay, looks like its going for around $4250.00

+1
    A lot of 08 had ring problems for one reason or another. The compression isn't that bad yet to me. A guy I know that races SDs 4-tecs recommended to alway run Lucas upper cylinder lube in the fuel. I have been using it for awhile, not sure if makes a difference, but its only like $10 a bottle.

It still runs fine, I wouln't have noticed it if I didn't run a compression check. How low can the compression get before something has to be done. I'm thinking about just riding it. Is it possible that it just needs rings??? Thanks bro.

+1
    Have you checked your AFRs with your set up. The stock pistons and rings don't like to be run on the lean side with a high boost SCer.

I haven't. I was very worried that it was running lean. Plugs are way lighter than I would run them. I was going to put a RRFPR and ECU in but that will have to wait I guess.

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by haleyscomet View Post
    I wore a hole into the bottom of my kanaflex tube and sucked some water in. I'm getting 110/115/135 psi compression. I have a couple issues. I just bought a new RXT-X aS. Selling my RXP and was going to use this as my around town blaster and let the GF ride it. It's a bit much for the GF...

My problem. Rebuilt it? Buy a new short block? If I have the dealer do it, it is probably a wash as he says if I ingested water it will more than likely need pistons and boring and I would really want to change bearings and such, which I agree with. I could do it myself but I have time issues and general lack of desire to get in to it right now.

I'm thinking sell it as is, buy her a new GTX iS. Thats a big ouch also. What could I get for it? Mods are listed in my signature. I have all original parts that came out but prob would not put them in there.

You guys are the guys, thoughts? Please try to keep it positive.
    How long do you let the ski crank to check compression? I am used to doing it on cars but not on a jet ski. I have two of them and owuld like to check mine.

Good luck with yours.

I crank it until the needle doesn't move up any more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information