Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

a few questions i have that searching and reading did not answer on my 07 250x.

last year i put almost a 100 hours on my 12f ( bought with 43) ski ran flawless all year. read and searched for the last week and have not found to much up to date info on the things i am in question below.

so given the amount i plan to ride this year, here are my questions.

this is what i am going to be doing already, wet pump mod, and 300x spec pump bearings, shaft etc. also considering flat filter, and doing 2nd water box delete as i did it to my 12f with a u pipe and it was very easy ( how much different to do on the 250x?)

These are the topics i am still unclear about, what are the pros of cons now that people got some time on these mods.

BOV block off - eliminate boost from fluctuating?

Emissions block off- accurate egt/ a/f readings? as well as running motor cooler?

GIO- i have a fresh oil change and is reading accurately, but looked at a 17 hour ski for my buddy and the oil was FULL of fuel and milky, smelled like gas... now i am a little worried due to the amount i ride and the cost it would take to constantly change the oil and filter if i do have the issue.

so i read about altering the catch can with the ocms system but its not produced anymore nor have i been able to find updated info other than this. http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=79.

i dont really know anyone who welds aluminum is there another way to prevent oil and gas mixing?

thanks in advance and please keep this on topic, i dont want to hear search, etc etc. i have and still need some input.

+1
    BOV block off - eliminate boost from fluctuating?
    BOV block off wont hurt anything, on Ultra250/260 there is 2 bov and you are only blocking 1.
    The BOV have the tendency to leak and reduce boost psi

+1
    is it better to install a hks bov or jsut block off? the one it blocks is on the IC correct?

+1
    GIO- i have a fresh oil change and is reading accurately, but looked at a 17 hour ski for my buddy and the oil was FULL of fuel and milky, smelled like gas... now i am a little worried due to the amount i ride and the cost it would take to constantly change the oil and filter if i do have the issue.
    GIO wont make the oil milky, if your buddy have milky oil then he have water in oil,there is a big chance that he could have a crack head. The GIO issue will raise your oil level with a heavy gas scent,if you have been to teammoto,there was a way to help minimize the GIO but the #1 factor is the weak piston ring that is creating blowby, some have alot some have not but you should never have milky oil,that's not relate to GIO issue. The real fix is to change piston to 2009/2010 spec but it's costly

+1
    also i see alot of 1 degree pump wedges cant seem to find a 2 degree. is there a bigger increase with the 2* wedge vs 1* or are they similar?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

gotcha yea the 17 hour ski had gas in the oil, very high on dip stick and on top of cams their was gas, water, oil mixture , smelled liek gas and oil and looked creamy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    is it better to install a hks bov or jsut block off? the one it blocks is on the IC correct?
    Yes, It's on the IC. Don't waste your money on a BOV, block it off. haven't heard of one failure cause by a BOV block off

+1
    k k sir thanks for the input. found a guy on here that has the block off for cheap.

+1
    also i see alot of 1 degree pump wedges cant seem to find a 2 degree. is there a bigger increase with the 2* wedge vs 1* or are they similar?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

gotcha yea the 17 hour ski had gas in the oil, very high on dip stick and on top of cams their was gas, water, oil mixture , smelled liek gas and oil and looked creamy.
    You need to buy the 2* from the dealer, it's coming from the Ultra LX, Your buddy have another issue. If you haven't ride yours yet ,ride it and see if your oil rise,it's not all that have GIO issue

Flat Filter: Does sound cool but creates place for water intrusion (albeit less than with other modded air intake systems). I'm not convinced it adds mph but I ride in cool ambient air.

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

l..2nd water box delete as i did it to my 12f with a u pipe and it was very easy ( how much different to do on the 250x?)

Probably just as easy but...if you do it on 250 you will be left with significant weight imbalance. 2nd battery fits into that spot and re-balances ski perfectly, however...

so i read about altering the catch can with the ocms system but its not produced anymore nor have i been able to find updated info other than this. http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=79.

i dont really know anyone who welds aluminum is there another way to prevent oil and gas mixing?
    You posted a photo of a kit no longer commonly available, the Oil Containment Management System (OCMS). The kit included a beautifully machined spigot that made it much quicker and easier to drain the catch can of "blow by," unburned gas and oil vapors, that may exit through air box vent tube or continue on to clog intercooler. You can make your own spigot or just drain catch can by removal and tipping. If you find a genuine OCMS kit, buy it because its art!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I do my own cans ,( always have been for my customers )
    if you dont have the tools at hand

Take your catch can to a machine shop
    Cut the bottom fitting off and reweld it 1 inch
    Up above the lower weld in the same angle

Then get them to weld a -4 weld on fitting on the bottom with a O ring cap

$30. Max

been doing it this way BEFORE OCMS was out

Waz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(17).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	235188  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information