Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Air Fuel Ratio

  1. #1
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11

    Air Fuel Ratio

    Hi Guys,

    I have a problem with my AFR 12.6 at 8800rpm. I'm running a good set of 80lbs injectors, Less Cooke ECU 9200rpm, Rude Fuel Controller, Turbosmart RRFPR set at 70psi and a modified stock fuel pump . Please can someone tell me something or why my AFR wont come down from 12.6.......

    THANKS



  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I have a problem with my AFR 12.6 at 8800rpm. I'm running a good set of 80lbs injectors, Less Cooke ECU 9200rpm, Rude Fuel Controller, Turbosmart RRFPR set at 70psi and a modified stock fuel pump . Please can someone tell me something or why my AFR wont come down from 12.6.......

    THANKS


    Im running 80's with the same ECU and my RRFPR is set @22lbs idle with boost line attached running 11.7 12.0 @8500 (have not got prop done yet) are you using boost line and is the controller @10's on top or whatever the default is??

  3. #3
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Im running 80's with the same ECU and my RRFPR is set @22lbs idle with boost line attached running 11.7 12.0 @8500 (have not got prop done yet) are you using boost line and is the controller @10's on top or whatever the default is??
    Thanks Eric,

    My mechanic is conducting this setup and testing. Yes, The boost line is attached. I'm picking up the ski 2morow. I will try your RRFPR setup and check the controller setup in WOT. I feel that 12.6 in WOT is to rich.

  4. #4
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Thanks Eric,

    My mechanic is conducting this setup and testing. Yes, The boost line is attached. I'm picking up the ski 2morow. I will try your RRFPR setup and check the controller setup in WOT. I feel that 12.6 in WOT is to rich.
    To lean you mean

  5. #5
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    You right sorry......LEAN

  6. #6
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58
    How did you modify a stock fuel pump??

  7. #7
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I have a problem with my AFR 12.6 at 8800rpm. I'm running a good set of 80lbs injectors, Less Cooke ECU 9200rpm, Rude Fuel Controller, Turbosmart RRFPR set at 70psi and a modified stock fuel pump . Please can someone tell me something or why my AFR wont come down from 12.6.......

    THANKS

    Most likely it's your RRFPR. The turbosmarts don't always rise
    @ a 1:1 ratio. I would try a fuel lab , or aeromotive reg first.

  8. #8
    formerly Gold06RXP Turbo Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    2,095
    +1
    97
    Why dont you add some with your Rude controller?

  9. #9
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    How did you modify a stock fuel pump??
    Well, Its not the pump. You just change to a bigger size fittings and hoses coming out from the fuel pump system. It would increse your fuel flow into your fuel rail. I hope this anwser your ?

    ---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Most likely it's your RRFPR. The turbosmarts don't always rise
    @ a 1:1 ratio. I would try a fuel lab , or aeromotive reg first.

    Thanks Jason,

    I was thinking the same about the Turbosmart. We going to install a set 85lbs injectors. I hope this would help.....If not going to change the RRFPR.

    ---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Why dont you add some with your Rude controller?
    Hi Nick,

    We try adding more with the RFC and didn't come down from 12.6

  10. #10
    rxpdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trinity, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,997
    +1
    122

    fuel pump

    your problem is the fuel pump. you need a walbro pump for those big injectors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Air Fuel ratio guage
    By scittb in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 09:11 AM
  2. Air : Fuel Ratio on the hose?
    By sweetbats in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 10:26 AM
  3. Air fuel Ratio
    By qatar2000kk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 12:06 PM
  4. Air/Fuel Ratio Guages
    By spaceman in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
  5. Air Fuel Ratio ?? Help, Get me to the Bug
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •