intake grate help please

I have a 2010 rxtx 260 and was looking at the different grates. I did a search but couldn't figure somethings out... at the online store it says you will get a mph gain and on some of the post people are saying that you sacrifice top speed with the grate. If some one could help me pick the best one between r&d, riva and worx i would appreciate it

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ahartsell View Post
    I have a 2010 rxtx 260 and was looking at the different grates. I did a search but couldn't figure somethings out... at the online store it says you will get a mph gain and on some of the post people are saying that you sacrifice top speed with the grate. If some one could help me pick the best one between r&d, riva and worx i would appreciate it

Thanks
    Did you read the post titled "The Grate debate"... Info on Top Speed for this ski... I know its probably not everything you may want to know but it will provide some good info on testing...

I have the same ski... Worx grate 74.8 MPH...

+1 on what glade rider said.but it really depends on where you ride weather it be lake or ocean which will play a roll which one to buy..i got the riva and love it but i only ride on a lake

True about the above mentioned thread but it still leaves the question unanswered.
    Wish there was more testing done

Thanks
    Do you want maximum hook-up in chop or do you want maximum speed on glass water?

well for the most part i ride in smooth water more than rough (never in the ocean). I read reviews that were a few years old and they were saying that some of the grates slow the ski down i just didnt understand
    Thanks for the replys

Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Do you want maximum hook-up in chop or do you want maximum speed on glass water?
    Both. Well good for ocean and lake, I really don't care for glass water since theres always some kind of chop where I ride. Either natural or from other boats

I read reviews that were a few years old and they were saying that some of the grates slow the ski down i just didnt understand
    Thanks for the replys
    I dont want to insult your intelligence, so tell me if you know this much already:

Grates have different scoop designs. Some have 1 scoop, others have 2. Some scoops are wide and others are narrow (no "wings" off to the sides). So, a grate with 2 wide scoops will slow your ass down, while a grate with 1 scoop will have less drag and a grate with NO scoops (OEM rxp) will allow max speed.

In other words, the grates with more scoop area will provide much more hook-up/traction (more drag - less speed). The scoops with less scoop area will provide more speed (less drag/hook-up - more speed).

The grates with 1 mild scoop will give more balance between speed and hookup....this is what i feel that I get from my Riva grate on my RXP.

The main point of getting a intake grate is for the hook up..for the most part all the aftermarket ones have similar wing designs but are different..if you dont ride ocean then imo go with the riva.i would say go with worx if you did ocean;again this is just what i thiink

Thread Information