Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

250x hesitating at [email protected]

Has anyone had a problem with what feels like a skip at around 3,500rpms?
    I've replaced the plugs, cleaned the IC, changed the oil and replaced the plugs again. It only does this between 3,400-4,000 RPMs

I'm not sure if there's a sensor that's bad that would make it do that. It's fine at idle under load, taking off and on the top end. Only when I'm going slow and at those RPMs its acting up. Any ideas anyone?

RPMs 7,700
    Speed 67.6
    11PSI

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Elityler View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with what feels like a skip at around 3,500rpms?
    I've replaced the plugs, cleaned the IC, changed the oil and replaced the plugs again. It only does this between 3,400-4,000 RPMs

I'm not sure if there's a sensor that's bad that would make it do that. It's fine at idle under load, taking off and on the top end. Only when I'm going slow and at those RPMs its acting up. Any ideas anyone?

RPMs 7,700
    Speed 67.6
    11PSI

Thanks,
    Anyone??

+1
    I ingested water(fresh water) once and had a hesitation like that, cleened and drained the IC but still had a little water in the drain on the airbox on next ride. The charger had a little water that I missed and the IC was wet again. Once that taken care off 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraKvz View Post
    I ingested water(fresh water) once and had a hesitation like that, cleened and drained the IC but still had a little water in the drain on the airbox on next ride. The charger had a little water that I missed and the IC was wet again. Once that taken care off 100%.
    So you hade water on the bottom of the SC?

When I cleaned the IC there was no signs of water just some oil. I haven't looked in the SC yet. The little clear tube doesn't have anything in it either. Did you have to take the whole SC out to clean the It?

+1
    nope, exhaust manifold. There may be easier way to check first before taking off manifold. Look at the bottom of SC intake. But it was waterfree anyway, little oily. Think the water was blown into IC and through engine after long wot next ride. Cleened IC again and ski is fine now and runs great.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraKvz View Post
    nope, exhaust manifold. There may be easier way to check first before taking off manifold. Look at the bottom of SC intake. But it was waterfree anyway, little oily. Think the water was blown into IC and through engine after long wot next ride. Cleened IC again and ski is fine now and runs great.
    I ran it WOT for 8miles about 5 or 6 times a total of prob 40 min. I would imagine that would be enough to clear out any water if I had it. What do you think.

+1
    I ran it WOT for 8miles about 5 or 6 times a total of prob 40 min. I would imagine that would be enough to clear out any water if I had it. What do you think.
    Yep, not water then. Your numbers aint bad. Fuel pressure not constant?

+1
    did any water went into the hull when you ingested it? if not,You just need to follow the air route and you should find your problem, you already clean the IC,you're saying that the SC is running good ,you have no fault code, it look like you got crap in you injectors, if you had a buddy that you can swap the injectors with, to test, then you would know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    did any water went into the hull when you ingested it? if not,You just need to follow the air route and you should find your problem, you already clean the IC,you're saying that the SC is running good ,you have no fault code, it look like you got crap in you injectors, if you had a buddy that you can swap the injectors with, to test, then you would know for sure
    I was thinking the injectors, maybe the spray pattern does something weird at those rpms. I don't know anyone that has an ultra around me. I might try some injector cleaner first. Does that stuff work? Or is it all BS? I may buy one injector and try it four times.

+1
    I was thinking the injectors, maybe the spray pattern does something weird at those rpms. I don't know anyone that has an ultra around me. I might try some injector cleaner first. Does that stuff work? Or is it all BS? I may buy one injector and try it four times.
    i don't know if injector cleaner would help, trying only one injector can be tricky if there is more then one doing trouble but you can try it out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information