New R12X Owner, WTB Some Stuff!!

I just picked up an '04 and will be using it for wave jumping. I'm looking to buy a pump wedge and Solas prop (I'm guessing 17/29 is the right pitch?) if anyone has one for sale. I'm considering a less restrictive air filter, but not sure if that's a good idea for wave jumping.
    I just ordered the three billet thru-hulls, btw.

Thanks!

Banned User
    i have a pump wedge used for about 5hrs just pay for delivery and u can have it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttlemire View Post
    I just picked up an '04 and will be using it for wave jumping. I'm looking to buy a pump wedge and Solas prop (I'm guessing 17/29 is the right pitch?) if anyone has one for sale. I'm considering a less restrictive air filter, but not sure if that's a good idea for wave jumping.
    I just ordered the three billet thru-hulls, btw.

Thanks!
    Be sure to modify your intake grate for more bottom/Less cavitation. Keep an eye on your shaft seal out in the salt.

+1
    If you are just jumping waves... I'd say do the 17/29, makes a nice difference, and the wedge should help you get more air as the Honda doesn't trim up.

You could also cut out some of the bars on the intake grate, it helps with hook up, I chose to remove bars 2 and 4 out of the five, do some searches you'll see.

Otherwise, get a flush kit if you are riding saltwater, Honda recommends flushing after every ride, especially salt. Pull your pump and make sure the cone doesn't have water in it. You bought a good ski, also buy CRC-656 and spray the he** outta everything metal after every ride, my 05 looks really good since I've done this. You can get it at Academy or order it offline.

I wouldn't do the air filter, not much performance gain for 100 bucks... you'd be better saving for a mac's boost chip. Just make sure not to launch off waves at full throttle so you don't float the valves, otherwise tear it up!

Thanks for the advice guys.

I would call Ramon at H20xtreme.net and have him modify both your intake grate and ride plate for ocean going fun. He is the bomb!

Thread Information