Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Skat Mag Vs Rotax Pump

Anyone done any testing or have results on the performance difference between a Skat magnum pump vs the 14 vein 155mm Rotax pump/prop combo.
    use is for high Hp closed course racing FZR.

Appreciated

+1
    Im very interested in this info also as this is going to be my next purchase.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    Im very interested in this info also as this is going to be my next purchase.
    Rick, find a rxp pump and try out my JD 1 kit. It's still sitting in my car.......waiting........ LoL

+1
    Jerry is soon going to have these results because I think he got his pump but he was waiting on his impeller.
    Can't wait.
    I also hope his radar gun is working when he does the comparison so we could know which one is a better arm stretcher

+1
    Bump,
    Any word?
    I'm very interested in getting a Skat Magnum but haven't found any info since Jerry stopped carrying them in the store
    The Rotax is a little too much for me, I don't want a Doo pump, and I'm not a fan of putting a 160mm prop and liner in front of the stock shitty 6 vein

+1
    You're not really gonna get much feedback on these pumps. There is only one person that I know running a skat magnum pump and that's Carlos Thomas, and one person running the RR pump and that's Jerry. Maybe ask him for some radar runs too see how the RR pump works. I asked him and he said it worked really good. But if I were to go with the RR pump I would go with the 160 mm for CC racing rather than the 155 mm.

+1
    Thanks, I actually just really wanted to hear some feedback about the Skat pump. The Rotax is overkill for what I need.
    I searched and really couldn't find any info about the skat pumps on 1.8s skis. Most people are into GPS #s which means nothing if you are smoking your prop down low
    Everytime I call Skat I can't get anyone on the phone.

+1
    I can tell you that the Rotax Racing pump VS the Skat 8 vane there is no comparison. The RR pump beats the pants off of the Skat. I have sold Rotax Racing pumps to Rossnemo and Trey Frame and Dean Charrier has used one also. Those guys can all give you good solid input on the RR pump. They can tell you, as can I, that there is no speed loss with this pump and no matter how much power I throw at it I can't get it to cavitate on the holeshot

If you order a Skat pump be prepared to wait 6 to 8 weeks for one, hence the reason I don't have them listed in the store anymore.... too many pissed off customers, but if you want one I can order one for you.
    Rotax Racing pumps are sitting on the shelf ready to ship.

Agree with Jerry 100%.. This rotax pump is awesome... And its a 16 vane not 14... Compared to the 6 vane yami pump with twin props installed, there is no comparison.. The difference is amazing. This rotax pump ROCKS.

Another thing, when you have a skat pump made, you sacrifice your oem yami pump. They use it as a core to make the skat pump.. With the Rotax, you keep your oem yami pump..
    That alone offsets a lot of the cost difference.
    And when were you ever sorry you bought the best in the long run.

These 2 passes are on the old CF XLT build using the rotax pump. If you listen very close on the second pass it does hit the limiter at 9000 rpm 3 times on a WOT stab of the throttle.. Can see it on the vipec also.
    This combo will be in my FZR for the hydrodrags in superstock class, with the addition of another 30-40 hp or so..

http://www.youtube.com/user/rossnemo.../4/QeN_Cyhx1vc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information