Best place to shop bilge pumps?

So where is the best place to shop/compare brands of bilge pumps? Who has the better prices, or are they are similarly priced?

Id like to get at least 1 pump, but i want to know that im getting a good, reliable brand and size/capacity. Ive never had to buy one before so I dont know which brands are the most reliable etc.

Plus, whats an average capacity for bailing an RXP when the carbon seal lets go?? I want to install at least 50% more bailing capacity than is needed. I want to do this mod once, feel secure and be done with it.

Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Academy Sports has everything you need for this project and has great prices.

Here's a "HOW TO" thread and document to answer all your questions, see page 3 post # 22 for the latest document:

have fun

Coral Springs FL
    There was a sticky in the seadoo sections someone had killer how to that is the model I used. I used a 500 gallon but may have needed to use a 1500. Several others I know used this large of a bilge pump. By the way I bought mine from ebay.

Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    PWC Auto bilge

You really want to get a Rule - PWC auto bilge. It kicks on every few seconds to detect for water, in none is present it turns back off.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses and links! I'm pretty much a brand whore and I try to go with the better brands when i can, not just the cheaper prices. It looks like Rule pumps cost more and are about as popular as any brand. Therefore, im assuming its a nice brand and will be reliable?

By the way, I notice that these Rule pumps dont kick on untill under 2 1/8in of water....from memory, that sounds deep enough to just about get water into the intake tube at the SCer, huh?

I went with a Rule 1100 on mine,scored it off ebay cheap.

Central MS
    Rule all the way!!!

Thread Information