Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1

Note to all SC guys.............

WHEN REMOVING THE SC....................... MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE BOTH OF THE SMALL FLAT WASHERS FROM THE SC BOLTS...... I THOUGH I DID WHEN I YANKED MY SC............ WELL I DIDNT......... Ok, caps off now. After than whole mess I shit my pants all of 3 times. Figuring the end result of my stupidity was enigne removal. Decided to eat lunch to try and cool off. Disassembled the entire area around the handlebars so I could actually get my head over the SC hole to inspect. Had to hunt for my good flashlight though which pissed me off even more than I already was. Glanced down in there with a nice bright light and what do I see laying all the way in the bottom of what I guess is the oil pan or scavenging area. That little washer standing on end. Ended up fishing that little bastard out with some real thing mechanics wire with a small hook I bent on the end.

Moral: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BOTH WASHERS BEFORE YOU MOVE THE CHARGER!

Moral 2: I need some beer now!

+1
    There is only 2 washers up there right???????????

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    WHEN REMOVING THE SC....................... MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE BOTH OF THE SMALL FLAT WASHERS FROM THE SC BOLTS...... I THOUGH I DID WHEN I YANKED MY SC............ WELL I DIDNT......... Ok, caps off now. After than whole mess I shit my pants all of 3 times. Figuring the end result of my stupidity was enigne removal. Decided to eat lunch to try and cool off. Disassembled the entire area around the handlebars so I could actually get my head over the SC hole to inspect. Had to hunt for my good flashlight though which pissed me off even more than I already was. Glanced down in there with a nice bright light and what do I see laying all the way in the bottom of what I guess is the oil pan or scavenging area. That little washer standing on end. Ended up fishing that little bastard out with some real thing mechanics wire with a small hook I bent on the end.

Moral: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BOTH WASHERS BEFORE YOU MOVE THE CHARGER!

Moral 2: I need some beer now!

Modification or Inspection???? I would like to know what wheel I can run on My S.C. and still have relialibility??? I was thinking C1, Intercooler, powershot???? but dont know, would like to run 74 and not have SC issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Modification or Inspection???? I would like to know what wheel I can run on My S.C. and still have relialibility??? I was thinking C1, Intercooler, powershot???? but dont know, would like to run 74 and not have SC issues.
    These washers are on top of the SC. During removal the bolts need to be removed. I myself wouldnt go more than a C1!! I was running 73 on a reflash, stock boost, stock cooler and stock prop.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Nice numbers.....I dont like the reflash with only 1 ecu If I had 2 tho it woulden't be a problem for me, Im @ 70 now with just a ribbion delete and a modified stock intake box with a r&D filter in it, no exhaust mod, no ride plate or intake grate, I do have a Green hulk deck vent mod on it

+1
    Wow, sounds like lots of fun!!! I take it you were removing the SC to re align the BOV on the IC or you installing a new wheel?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    If your goal is to run 74 than get a VX plate modded by Jim. much cheaper than a SC, powershot, and IC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    If your goal is to run 74 than get a VX plate modded by Jim. much cheaper than a SC, powershot, and IC.
    +1

How come you would want a second ECU to run a reflash? Just the R1 reflash will behave pretty much like stock except with a raised rev limit which means much more speed. I ran 77 on stock boost with basically an R1 reflash, a good intercooler, NO powershot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    +1

How come you would want a second ECU to run a reflash? Just the R1 reflash will behave pretty much like stock except with a raised rev limit which means much more speed. I ran 77 on stock boost with basically an R1 reflash, a good intercooler, NO powershot.
    Weren't you running new cam gears too?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    Wow, sounds like lots of fun!!! I take it you were removing the SC to re align the BOV on the IC or you installing a new wheel?
    Was taking it out to mod the IC bracket holes and create more clearance and twist the BOV. It worked though minus one small hiccup and screaming at my neighbors. Have dam near 1/2 between the hull and IC tube now. BOV isnt near close anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information