Fuel pump and RRFPR problem

Hi guys ! Any people using new les cooker setup fuel pump system ?? I just received les cooker return back fuel pump and RRFPR , after install I setting fuel pressure at 58 psi , but engine can no start engine , and adjust to 40psi can start engine , I don't know why adjust to over 55psi can no start engine , any people have this problem?????

Quote Originally Posted by thomas loh View Post
    Hi guys ! Any people using new les cooker setup fuel pump system ?? I just received les cooker return back fuel pump and RRFPR , after install I setting fuel pressure at 58 psi , but engine can no start engine , and adjust to 40psi can start engine , I don't know why adjust to over 55psi can no start engine , any people have this problem?????
    Are you using the Riva injectors? If yes that might be your issue, since they lock up at 60+ psi.

That brings about a question I have had for some time now that I'm sure someone has already figured out the answer to. What better quality/newer technology injectors out there work well with the Riva ECU fuel mapping?

The crap 1990's tech Riva 50's are obviously the best match for the ECU at lower fuel pressures as far as idle/low end fueling with the Riva ECU since thats what the ECU was mapped to work with. But as Thomas has discovered, they lock up at over ~60 psi fuel pressure, and become a big problem once you start adding boost and raising the fuel pressure. Which is REDICULOUS considering this setup is designed to be used with the OEM FPR that runs at 58psi!! 2psi isn't much of a safety window...

I am sure someone has found some better injectors that have the same fuel flow @ a given pulse width as the Riva 50's. So anyone want to share they're findings as what other injectors have a similar fuel flow profile to the Riva 50's but function at a higher max fuel pressure?

+1
    Bosch 48s bro

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    That brings about a question I have had for some time now that I'm sure someone has already figured out the answer to. What better quality/newer technology injectors out there work well with the Riva ECU fuel mapping?

The crap 1990's tech Riva 50's are obviously the best match for the ECU at lower fuel pressures as far as idle/low end fueling with the Riva ECU since thats what the ECU was mapped to work with. But as Thomas has discovered, they lock up at over ~60 psi fuel pressure, and become a big problem once you start adding boost and raising the fuel pressure. Which is REDICULOUS considering this setup is designed to be used with the OEM FPR that runs at 58psi!! 2psi isn't much of a safety window...

I am sure someone has found some better injectors that have the same fuel flow @ a given pulse width as the Riva 50's. So anyone want to share they're findings as what other injectors have a similar fuel flow profile to the Riva 50's but function at a higher max fuel pressure?
    There are no injectors that match the flow of the rivas. Anything that flows as much as them at wot will be rich at idle. The closest thing I have found is a set of bosch 48's along with rrfpr .

As for OP. I would definitley say your problem is the injectors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    There are no injectors that match the flow of the rivas. Anything that flows as much as them at wot will be rich at idle. The closest thing I have found is a set of bosch 48's along with rrfpr .

As for OP. I would definitley say your problem is the injectors.
    Know anybody that has tried Bosch 42's with a FPR, no boost line and RIVA ecu? I guess it would depend on the SCer you have.

Yes ! I use riva ECU and 50lb injector , today I test les cooker re-map ECU Rpm 8800 and 60lb injector , I put the lanyard setting RRFPR to 40 psi , can no start engine , I adjust RRFPR to 58psi , I put the lanyard , fuel pump run ,but 10A fuse damage ,any people can help me find is problem ????

Thread Information