Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Fuel pump and RRFPR problem

    Hi guys ! Any people using new les cooker setup fuel pump system ?? I just received les cooker return back fuel pump and RRFPR , after install I setting fuel pressure at 58 psi , but engine can no start engine , and adjust to 40psi can start engine , I don't know why adjust to over 55psi can no start engine , any people have this problem?????


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas loh View Post
    Hi guys ! Any people using new les cooker setup fuel pump system ?? I just received les cooker return back fuel pump and RRFPR , after install I setting fuel pressure at 58 psi , but engine can no start engine , and adjust to 40psi can start engine , I don't know why adjust to over 55psi can no start engine , any people have this problem?????
    Are you using the Riva injectors? If yes that might be your issue, since they lock up at 60+ psi.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,656
    That brings about a question I have had for some time now that I'm sure someone has already figured out the answer to. What better quality/newer technology injectors out there work well with the Riva ECU fuel mapping?

    The crap 1990's tech Riva 50's are obviously the best match for the ECU at lower fuel pressures as far as idle/low end fueling with the Riva ECU since thats what the ECU was mapped to work with. But as Thomas has discovered, they lock up at over ~60 psi fuel pressure, and become a big problem once you start adding boost and raising the fuel pressure. Which is REDICULOUS considering this setup is designed to be used with the OEM FPR that runs at 58psi!! 2psi isn't much of a safety window...

    I am sure someone has found some better injectors that have the same fuel flow @ a given pulse width as the Riva 50's. So anyone want to share they're findings as what other injectors have a similar fuel flow profile to the Riva 50's but function at a higher max fuel pressure?

  4. #4
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Bosch 48s bro

  5. #5
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    That brings about a question I have had for some time now that I'm sure someone has already figured out the answer to. What better quality/newer technology injectors out there work well with the Riva ECU fuel mapping?

    The crap 1990's tech Riva 50's are obviously the best match for the ECU at lower fuel pressures as far as idle/low end fueling with the Riva ECU since thats what the ECU was mapped to work with. But as Thomas has discovered, they lock up at over ~60 psi fuel pressure, and become a big problem once you start adding boost and raising the fuel pressure. Which is REDICULOUS considering this setup is designed to be used with the OEM FPR that runs at 58psi!! 2psi isn't much of a safety window...

    I am sure someone has found some better injectors that have the same fuel flow @ a given pulse width as the Riva 50's. So anyone want to share they're findings as what other injectors have a similar fuel flow profile to the Riva 50's but function at a higher max fuel pressure?
    There are no injectors that match the flow of the rivas. Anything that flows as much as them at wot will be rich at idle. The closest thing I have found is a set of bosch 48's along with rrfpr .

    As for OP. I would definitley say your problem is the injectors.

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    There are no injectors that match the flow of the rivas. Anything that flows as much as them at wot will be rich at idle. The closest thing I have found is a set of bosch 48's along with rrfpr .

    As for OP. I would definitley say your problem is the injectors.
    Know anybody that has tried Bosch 42's with a FPR, no boost line and RIVA ecu? I guess it would depend on the SCer you have.

  7. #7
    Yes ! I use riva ECU and 50lb injector , today I test les cooker re-map ECU Rpm 8800 and 60lb injector , I put the lanyard setting RRFPR to 40 psi , can no start engine , I adjust RRFPR to 58psi , I put the lanyard , fuel pump run ,but 10A fuse damage ,any people can help me find is problem ????

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. how to take out fuel pump and filter for 2002 virage txi
    By kc44408 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 01:27 AM
  2. Fuel Pumps and such nonsense
    By SHOBiz in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. FS...48mm NOVI's Carbs w/external fuel pumps and FA's
    By need4pwr in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM
  4. Fuel pump failure...rrfpr stock injectors
    By BoostedH23a1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 10:17 AM
  5. RXP oil pump and engine problem?
    By pet in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •