Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2000 RX

2000 RX

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question but if not let me know. I have access to a 2000 RX that was purchased new. Has less than 100 hours on hull. The engine wasn't winterized properly and has seized up. It's going to need a new or rebuilt engine. Is there any consensus if it is worth going to the trouble of buying an engine and having it installed. The boat is in great shape but just wanted an informed opinion if possible. Thanks

Well there have been 20 views of this post. Maybe no one has an opinion. If anyone has an informed view I would like to hear from you.

Thanks

+1
    Well if you are not doing the work yourself its just not worth it. Figure motor and labor at 2k to do it right.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Guess I was thinking I could have a mechanically like new ski for a couple of grand. I know the ski is old, but what can I get out there for 2K of any value and who knows what kind of life will be left on the engine of an older used ski. Just my thoughts but input was what I was looking for. Thanks again.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    a 951 is the easiest motor to rebuld. dump $900 in it and do it yourself. its cake work. if you have no experience in engines I would say this is a 5 out of 10 with basic tools. contact members tweeker or mongoose2 at http://www.purrperformance.com and they will give you great service and support. i got all my parts and installed in 1 week. a 2000 RX is a great boat and worth it in my opinion.

A reply I like lol! Thanks. Don't have rebuild experience but have tools, can fix about anything and capable of following instructions and advice. Think I'll contact these guys and give it a shot. Thanks again

+1
    Also when you have engine out be sure to clean and rebuild the carbs and get rid of the GREY FUEL LINE. Clean out the whole fuel system.
    Good luck with the RX. Great SKI'S

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    ^^^+1 when you start tearing it down I think that you are going to be surprised on how basic this motor is. just place the bolts in marked ziplock bags when you take it apart. and mark the fuel lines on which one is witch. when you get your parts back post up with reassembling questions. the one thing that you most definitly want to get right is the bonding seal between the lower case halves. other than that its all bolt on.

Thanks again Airborne and M Schmidt. I appreciate the advice from both. Actually had to replace the gray lines and rebuild the carbs only 96 GTX that I have had since new. Two summers ago the old gray line gave up the goo and jacked up the carbs thanks for reminding tho for the RX. I will definitely be coming back with questions and asking for help. Gonna try and get my parts ordered this week. Talk to u soon.

Well just picked up the ski from relative. Found out it's a DI. Does that change the previous opinions about doing the rebuild?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information