Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

WHere's Bow ???????????????????????????????

Tom where are you

+1
    Last I heard he was having internet issues so he may be offline for a little while........

Banned User
    +1
    Did he try unplugging it and plugging it back in????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by urugol View Post
    Last I heard he was having internet issues so he may be offline for a little while........
    Yeah Tom....when all else fails REBOOT!!!!!!!!

Tech Support - "hello, how can I help you"
    Caller - "My Computer, monitor, printer are all off, nothing works"
    Tech Support - "Is your power strip turned on?"
    Caller - " I think so, but I'll need to get a flashlight to check"
    Tech Support - "Excuse me, but why do you need a flashlight?"
    Caller - "Oh, well it's very dark because all the power is out in the office and the strip is under my desk"

The right answer to computer problems is usually the simple things!!!!

KJ

+1
    I'M back!!! What a frickin nightmare the last few weeks have been.

Heres most of the story line the last feew weeks.. ugh!

How was your day? I Woke up at 5:30am .. I noticed some pain in my tooth, ouch, what a way to start a day. I find 1 vicadin, I take it, doesnt do much at first, then a lil better later on, only had the one. i looked all over and found my lost ibuprofen as back up if needed. watched the news till 7-00 or so. starter was acting weird on the truck. a whirring noise. not good. finally starts. but better get that fixed real soo.

go to the scrap yard, leave truck idling while in there. come out and its overheating in 40 degrees temperature. never did that before.. lost all the anitfreeze pretty much. wonderful. 40.00 in anti-freeze gone now, err

it finally stated, left to go home..went home. thought about what to do first. make money or figure out what to do with truck. i wanted to make money so off i went. i made additional 24 and stopped by his place to get paid. i stalled the truck and it wouldnt start, i get under 5 times turning the flywheel to no avail. tiring...... the I go to back the truck up and its leaking power steering fluid out of the blue too. weird huh? The cap was ajar and when we pushed the truck nback into a space, it must of oozed out. so i get under the truck again to check things out and i find the trucks frame is cracked in 2 where the control arm bracket is. bad area to had it happen there. packed up all my goods in his shop and he gave me a ride home.. flywheel is chipped in mulitple places i felt around the wheel so it needs to come out. of course, rent is due in 2 days. i have some extra but,, we'lll see hows things go.

get this, then today, dad comes by to help me out, I gather my tools and start working on backing the transmission back a few inches to get to the bolts on the flywheel. as im checking out the frame, i see it badly rusting away and the pocket bracket that holds the torsion bar in is missing a huge chuink of steel on the frame itself. it cant be fixed safely. ugh....

then,,,, dad and I go to lunch and we get back, my driveshaf that was under my truck got stolen! cant ya believe that? so....... no driveshaft and rusted and brokem frame now i what i have to deal with.. wonderful... I packed my tools and went home. tomm I'm planing on junking the truck and getting some money for it. it has too many issues to fix..although it does run,, and iI just put 700.00 into it. I have to let it go. sorry to hear. so now im stranded, rent is due tomm and I have no wheel now.. great huh?
    I still need a tow to the junk yard and some dissembling of the truck is necessary for the scrap yard to it. radiator, oil, trans fluid, brake fluid and a few goodies i can scrap for cash like the rad,alt,starter,and a few wires.

that should take a few hours and off to the yard it goes.

I get a buddy to tow me to the scrap yard and the guy there says oh man, not another truck, i cant put it anywhere. this is BS> im looking at hin like huh? BS,,? buddy, you dont know the half of it ..lol he takes it in. thank god..

I need a truck now obviously and limited funds// internet here is still off line because they havent recieved my payment yet. that was 6 days ago.. wonder whats up with that?

We drove around today looking for something for sale but nothing as of yet.. what a pain in the butt this has been.

we'll see what tomm brings Tom. Cant get on line to look for a vehicle as of yet.. hope this all comes to a stop soon. cant work with no truck!.

ok, that was written as the nightmare started it continues........

still no net, money order is not processed as of yet. wtf...12 days now.. they turned off the net and the tv. great......

i get on craigslist, find a staketruck for a 1000.00 i offer him 725. he takes it.. sweet.. it needs wipers,exhaust,a good cleaning, rub out, battery cleaned with terminals, seems to run good now,, painted the back area. looks decent,,

now i need DOT numbers,,, no internet to get any..errrrr.. go to dads,get the info and submit it,, of course, my phone doesnt work by dads house,,, errrr. finally get the number,, go to graphics store,, tell him i need numbers, he says no problem,,, no call the rest of the day,,errrr. it only take 5 mins to make them.,..wtf...

mext day, go back, no numbers yet? wtf????? he does on the spot.. what an ass...

10.00 was ok price though...

then my mechanic buddy calls and say, you need to move your ranger from the garage here, new landlord wants is moved.. wondeful.. anything else?///wtf.. it was there all winter and NOW he wants it moved..

I tell him. i left it here so you could make some money working on it, he says, dont worry about me... i'm like FU azz hole..(one of my friends no less) just weird,,,, must be on crack that day.lol hes never like that. just weird...

I end up going there and pushing the truck by myself across the street to get it moved out of the way.. that was afeter filling 2 tires up and washinf off 5 months of crap on it.. what a pita. could barely move it.. but got it moved to another lot.. still no tow rope to pull it or any body to help drive it home while being towed.. more BS<<<<

then the mechanic calls me later and says. did you get that moved? i wasnt sure if it was towed or you got it.. im thinkiing... dont worry about me! lol

I was just praying it wouldnt be towed while i was gone. biz was closed and not open for biz yet..

then dad says yeah i can help u.. cool. get the tow rope(30.00) and tow her home. dad was tripping going 35 on the way home.. opps sorry dad..lol the tow rope i bought was very stiff,(rated for 6300 lbs and had zero strech..... so dad had a jerky ride home..

ranger is here but needs a timing chain... another fun one.. still need a special tool to get off the fan nut.. more BS<<<<<..

Was going to pay cable bill today but comcast came to my door to physically cut me off and I had intentions of going there today anyways. so that actually worked out good.. that would of been real funny if i went to the payment center to pay the bill and have the comcast guy at my house cutting me off a i was paying the bill! that almost happened.. just a few mins more and i would of been gone from the house and never seen him disconnect me..

couyld you imagine how i would of felt getting back home and seeing my line cut? i would of been so mad...

So, after getting ripped off, find out my truck is junk, moving my truck, buying a truck, towing a truck,fixing all the BS on the truck,not getting my money back for the flywheel i bought - 25.00 (which is useless now), I'm back on line and the stake truck is running good, it has a newer motor in it and runs good. just a gas piggy.

I tell ya, its amazing how fast life can turn on ya.. All is good one day and all hell breaks loose the next.. now its 5.00'gallon gas soon, whats next..??? What have you been up too lately? Iv'e had enough excitement for a while..lol and of course, my valve shows up 2 days ago. too late to send out.. but that another issue.. maybe I can get 2 more more and have someone machining them down for me.. any ideas/? I have 1 here already. might as well get the other 2.

and lastly, I lost my phone, great,, got a metro pcs smart phone now.. pretty neat,, it has the g-meter i was looking for and some cool apps for tuning and speed too..

Just trying to figure out how to use this new phone is a pita too. but i'm finally getting it done..

I'm so worn out mentally, Iv'e had a headache for 3 days straight.. Just nice to be on level ground again. Of course, the stake truck doesnt have the hitch, it has a pintle for the towing in the back, so i need to get the ranger fixed to tow my skis or get a hitch put on the stake truck.. so no riding till that gets done..

Havent fired up the skis yet. been too busy.. but real soon I'll fire them up. I miss that sound of the triples!

oh,, then i go to the isurance company and they tel me they dont insure stake trucks... wonderful... so i go to allstate and they say yes.. BUT<<< I need to show a years worth of consistent car ins receipts.. I had them all and all was good.. just saying,, that could of been a nightmare too. buy a truck and cant get ins for it.. great.... Glad I a years worth of receipts to show.. Good to be back. I missed you all. Bob, call me, I lost your number on my phone..

I'll post a few pics of my new used truck.. tomm. Its a 1983 ford stake truck with a 5.8 litre engine and 4-speed with creeper gear. Hell. I can pull 10 jetskis with that!.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    I tell ya, its amazing how fast life can turn on ya.. All is good one day and all hell breaks loose the next..
    You got that part right!! I know the feeling.... Glad you made it back though!!!

+1
    Man, after reading that I want to start a Help Tom Get On His Feet Fund. Seriously, you had one nasty string of bad mishaps there buddy. It sounds like you've kept your head up pretty well through it all. Hey, you survived it so I guess you can chalk that one up to experience.

Is there a DOT bumper hanging down on the stake truck? Maybe you can get a 2" under bumper mount receiver and weld that to the under side of the DOT bumper.

KJ

+1
    Good to see ya back. Life throws you an uppercut as long as your still standing its all good

+1
    Im the resident dental student on the hulk...Lemme check that tooth. lmao

+1
    It's all good. Thanks guys. Tooth is better, truck runs good,I had to get thru all that BS....I have Jetskis to run!!!! Now if everything will just stay put..... I can concentrate on the SLX and a few things on the Pro. I'm sure already a bunch of ya are already in the water.. Texas there is lookin warm along with a few other states.

I have an extra reciever hitch that I could have welded onto the Bumper. Also have some 2 inch square pipe if needed also.I dont need the pintle on the back, I could remove that and install a ball hitch there instead..just need some selding done to it.

The Ranger doesn't like my trailer with 2 skis on it.. drives ok,, but, it's a stick and if the launch is too steep. your going in the drink. 1 slip of the clutch or if it gets wet, and you'll just slide into the water.

So thats kinda &*^* up too. one is too big and the other truck is too small..lol I need a F-150. <POS

I have a 8 foot long,2 in by 2 in square tubing that a reciever could be put onto it and used as a coupler to extend the range of the reach of the trailer for launching. but you would have to stop the articulating aspect of it being hinged now by the ball. you would essentially have two ball hitches,1 on the truck and other on the far end of the tubing connecting the trailer to. Then add a coupler to the other end of the tubing.

Hmmm, It would need some kind of bolt thru plate at the center where it would be articulating and you would need to pin it in place somehow,,either with a receiver pin/s.. or bolt it together when needed. At least that would give me more distance in between the Ranger and the lake!.......That would also keep the rear tires off the green scum on the launch. it may make it easier to get moving off the get-go.
    I tried this stunt last september and stopped short of drowning the truck. Keddano, your lucky your ranger has an auto trans in it.. what a blessing in disguise..

Yep, launching will be interesting this year.lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information