Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Another Ride........another error code

Hit a small boat wave and the ski went postal and dropped to an idle. Error Code was a P060D.
    I was able to coax it back by doing restarts and riding for ways. Obviously something is getting set off from a jolt. The ski was throttling all over the place on the way back. I don't have good up close vision, so I just loaded it and I'll let them deal with it. It might just be a connector or a module. Their book says its related to the TPS, which the P0122 I had a couple of weeks back might have been a precursor. Anyone else ever have this error code?

Little PO'd right now as it ruined yesterday and since the tech is off to Sea Doo School this week, next weekend is tanked too now.

Oh well......life goes on!

+1
    Sorry for your bad luck. When you get it straighten out will have to meet up for a ride again soon.

+1
    Nah, never got that code. I've hit my share of waves and hit some 15' faces on the last hurricane of the season. Thankfully nothing happened because my wife bailed on me and left me out there by myself
    Oh well, at least you guys are riding...it still too stinking cold up here.

+1
    Turns out I had some kind of connector to the throttle assembly working its way loose. Ski is up and running again. I'm going to learn what exact connector went wrong in case this happens again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Turns out I had some kind of connector to the throttle assembly working its way loose. Ski is up and running again. I'm going to learn what exact connector went wrong in case this happens again.
    Cool.

The electrical connector to the throttle body on my ski fell off in rough water and I got a whole list of codes. Boat went into limp mode. Sounds like we had the same problem. Looks like all owners should be checking this connection.

+1
    The guy showed me where the connector is this morning when I picked it up. For those that don't know, open your front storage and remove your gray bucket, it's a large connector under the steering between the deck and hull. It's just hanging there on mine and I'm guessing that there may be an issue with my deck moving relative to the the hull. There seems to be plenty of slack, but it appears a "lucky" bounce or stretch popped the connector off enough to cause problems. Since it's hanging on mine, I'm guessing it's hanging on a fixed ski and bouncing around too.

Thread Information