Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

1995 SLX gas cap gasket needed

Hey all,
    I have spoke with John Zigler about this item .It seems it is difficult to buy just the gasket. Has anybody made any of these or found a source? I havent found any decent material from any auto parts store yet.
    Any experience out there?
    Thanks!

+1
    upgrade it to the newer polaris cap and neck or the Seadoo ones work nice to
    like this and they come in many colrs also look them up on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEA-D...item27b77cb203

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Gas caps and filler necks from the early model years can crack and allow water into the fuel tank
    Later generation (1998+) Polaris filler neck and gap cap can be retro-fitted, or a Sea-Doo part can be installed.

The Ski-Doo 513033025 gas cap for the REV snowmobiles also fits the Polaris 1995-1997 PWC filler neck

(also 1992-1994?)

+1

Thumbs up Thanks

I forgot about this issue untill I took out the ski for the first run
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I have dial up at home And the search function was taking forever. I figured If I posted I would have an answer by this morning.
    The ski ran great, It was 60 degrees air temp and 50 degrees water temp when i put in at 8:00 am yesterday. It would hit the limiter on take off and top out @ 6620. Nice.
    When its hot out I dont think it hits the limiter on take off. man it sounded sweet. i did much better than this guy yesterday!
    SAD

Man drowns at Brookville Lake
    The Enquirer
    April 10, 2011

LIBERTY, Ind. - A Springdale resident died in Brookville Lake over the weekend when he fell into the lake and could not be rescued, according to the Union County Coroner�s Office.

Divers recovered the body of Rodger Shands, Jr., 32, on Sunday night after a search that included a side-scan sonar unit, which can sense objects on the lake floor, said Chris Laird, chief deputy coroner in Union County, Ind.

His death is a suspected drowning, Laird said. The body is being held at the Union County Coroner�s Office until an autopsy on Tuesday.

Shands fell out of a boat into 20- to 25-foot deep waters in the lake just after 5:30 p.m. Sunday in Whitewater Memorial State Park, about 55 miles from downtown Cincinnati, according to the Indiana Conservation Office. Shands struggled in the water and his friends were not able to save him.

Twelve people were on the boat at the time, said Sgt. John Cannarella, a detective with the Indiana Conservation Office.

The owner of the vessel was arrested shortly after the incident for boating while intoxicated, according to Cannarella.

The incident remains under investigation by the Indiana Conservation Office.

According to Shands� Facebook page, he worked in clubs and bars in the Cincinnati area as a disc jockey and began playing hip hop, dance and electronic music in early 2000.

+1
    i DO have the new style cap, and filler neck assy's here if you need. ( with gasket).

+1
    Hey John,
    can the gasket alone be purchaced for the newer style cap? It seems I am tough on the gaskets,Probably over tightening?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    Hey John,
    can the gasket alone be purchaced for the newer style cap? It seems I am tough on the gaskets,Probably over tightening?
    Last year I got a new style cap from Zigler that clicks once it reaches a the proper tightness. It has worked flawlessly and with that type of cap I doubt you'll run the risk of shredding the gasket.

KJ

+1
    Thanks,
    I just spoke with John he said the same thing about the gaskets. They are advalible but he has never needed to replace the new style cap.

+1
    The new style cap uses an o-ring, which is a much better design.

At first, Polaris sold the gasket separate-then only with the cap assembly. Later only as a cap/neck assembly for like $60.

It's worth the effort to install the "new style" cap.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The Ski-Doo 513033025 gas cap, new is under $20

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information