Not sure if this is the right spot to ask

Guys i'm new to this forum so sorry if this is the wrong forum, maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. I just bought a couple of 2000 GP1200R's. They have been sitting for a few years. One of them the motor is apart with problems, the other one turns over but haven't tried starting it yet. Both of them need new gauge clusters, oneof them needs a new engine. My questions are #1, do any of you have any parts left from after you done your conversions that you wanna sale? #2 Where is the best place to get a reman engine? #3 If i decide to do the RXP conversion on the one with the bad engine, where are you guys finding the swaps from? Thanks for any help, and sorry for the newbie questions.

Midlothian, Texas
    Most guys sell their parts in the Yamaha or Seadoo classifieds. Keep an eye on those areas for whatever you need. As for trying to get the one boat running, depending on what all is wrong, you are going to spend a decent amount of money. Sitting for a few years just makes it worse.
    On a conversion, starting from scratch is real expensive. To make the most out of the ski, you'll have to do the hull upgrades and buy hull performance parts. Between that, a donor RXP/RXT, and the conversion parts needed, you could easily spend $8K plus.
    If I were you, I would part out both of those boats, take the money, and try and find a good running ski with the money. If you want a good conversion, check out the conversion classifieds for RX951's conversion that is for sale. $8K and you can buy a running 80+MPH ski. Everyone on this forum will vouch for his work.

I'm having trouble finding the classifieds. Do you have a link to them?

Thanks for the help

Yeah, the reason I can't see the classifieds yet is because you have to have 25 posts first. Thanks for the help again

Midlothian, Texas
    Crap, I forgot about that.

Thread Information