Scissors
    Blue painters tape
    WaterWeld Epoxy
    Razor scraper
    metric socket
    Sand paper 220 grit
    WetDry 400 grit
    small sanding block

masked off the area, also so grinding dust doesn`t get anywhere else.
    Cleaned area with acetone, found a washer the same size as the recess`s and large enough to cover bolt heads. Place suitable size Aluminum tape on a washer to use as a pattern and cut 4 pieces with the scissors. Stick the tape on the bolt heads and used the next largest metric socket to form alum tape tightly over the bolts. Cleaned with acetone again. masked this area tighter/over the holes and used exacto knife to trim and reveal the hole. Cut the waterweld into 4 equal parts (this is plenty) and one at a time mix in your palm working the two parts together, quickly push it into the hole. I made sure it went down to the bottom so no air was trapped.
    I had time so I let it cure overnight. this stuff sets hard in 20 minutes, no bull...
    Then trimed/ground a lot of it down with the whizzer. Running a shop vac near the disc to eliminate as much dust as possible. run down to the blue tape and gently around the circle edges. When enough has been taken down, remove the blue tape and block sand the area to make it nice and flat and even... Walla!
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-18-2011 at 11:33 PM.

+1
    Looks very nice but probably WAY overkill for something thats really about a 30 min job! Waterweld also did not stay in for me. I have been using some plumbers putty that WFO turned me on to.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Looks very nice but probably WAY overkill for something thats really about a 30 min job! Waterweld also did not stay in for me. I have been using some plumbers putty that WFO turned me on to.
    Waterweld didn't stick? that tells me the area didn't get cleaned good enough.
    "30 min job" Well.... you can eather take your time and do a professional looking job like Pale Rider did, or you can just slap some crap in there. It's your ski.

My opinion? Awsome job as usual Andy!

+1
    Andy - where is the best place to find the WaterWeld Epoxy ? Home Depot , NAPA - I do not have a local West Marine

Looks Great - I am ready to do mine

If WFO recommended Plumbers Putty, then that MUST be Gospel There are a few other types that`ll work as well as other techniques... this is just one...thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by dewzee1200 View Post
    Andy - where is the best place to find the WaterWeld Epoxy ? Home Depot , NAPA - I do not have a local West Marine

Looks Great - I am ready to do mine
    Dew, I bought the Waterweld from Walmart... it`s not a bad product to have on hand. a lot of cool uses to...

Thanks Chad and Dew, I just used what I had, nothing special, I`m just not in the habit of doing anything half ass`d...lol...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Waterweld didn't stick? that tells me the area didn't get cleaned good enough.
    "30 min job" Well.... you can eather take your time and do a professional looking job like Pale Rider did, or you can just slap some crap in there. It's your ski.

My opinion? Awsome job as usual Andy!
    Really? Was the attitude needed? all I did was give my experience with Waterweld and have heard the same from several others who had there's blow out after a couple rides... I wouldn't be surprised to see an update in a month because the plugs are gone. Remember I started off the post saying it looked great... but whatever. Mine looks virtually identical underneath. Nice to see your 4 whole months of membership on the site has made you an expert! Pale Rider always does a great job, in fact I have copied several of his ideas including the seat vents.

+1
    Really? Was the attitude needed? all I did was give my experience with Waterweld and have heard the same from several others who had there's blow out after a couple rides... I wouldn't be surprised to see an update in a month because the plugs are gone. Remember I started off the post saying it looked great... but whatever. Mine looks virtually identical underneath. Nice to see your 4 whole months of membership on the site has made you an expert! Pale Rider always does a great job, in fact I have copied several of his ideas including the seat vents.
    Wasn't intended to have attitude, and wasn't directed entirely at you. More at people that just slap crap together and don't care what it looks like. Ive never seen your work and didn't mean to offend you.
    I am curious though, WTF does membership at a forum have to do with mechanical experience or ability? Do you really think that this is where some one would learn how to turn a wrench or gain years of experience in mechanics?

Hey gents, this is nothing to argue about. There are several products to use, and many b4 me did this years ago...
    I can report tho that these have been in use since 06-24-2009, 01:44 PM ... and nothing fell out yet...
    so have a few beers, light up a Cigar
    Yellow, man don`t jinx me... I always have another tube on hand anyways...

+1
    Keep up the good work bro!

+1
    PR - did you happen to record how much you gained by doing this? I'm sure it's worth something, just curious how much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information