GP1200r wont move

I took out my ski yesterday gave it a quick run ran great, parked it then 5 mins later went for a ride wouldn't start found the throttle cable was stuck fixed it then started it up just started scream and wouldn't move. Plz help thanks.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seavee18 View Post
    I took out my ski yesterday gave it a quick run ran great, parked it then 5 mins later went for a ride wouldn't start found the throttle cable was stuck fixed it then started it up just started scream and wouldn't move. Plz help thanks.
    stripped splines in the intermediate shaft. will also damage the drive shaft splines.

same thing happened to mine, you'll have to pull the pump unit out, remove the bearings and impeller and replace the shaft. Also the itermediate shaft is most probably toast (usually replace both shaft in pairs to ensure you don't strip a new part with an old one (very annoying). to take the itermediate shaft out, I unbolted the engine from the engine mount's and disconected the exaust at the plastic coupler down by the temp sensor and slid the engine forward so I could unbolt the bearing housing (carrier bearing???) to pull the whole intermediate shaft unit out. you might want to think about changing the bearing's in it all depending on how they're looking. hope this helps.

yea mate the helps alot was hoping it wasnt going to be that big of a job but owel its got to be done lol cheers

Thread Information