Thread: 2006 r-12x?

2006 r-12x?

I have a 2006 r-12x with about 55 hours on it.

Last year at the end of the season i started to notice a light surging at full throttle would drop from 6k rpms down to 5200-5300 and go back and forth. Dream-o-meter would go from high 60's to low 60s high 50's when it did this (on glass water). Also at idle it would sound like it was missing sometimes when idleing around the dock idle speed would vary from 1800 rpms to 700 rpms. I took it out for a ride today to take it to the marina to put them on the trailer to change oil/lube and wax and clean them, It was doing the same thing that it was doing at the end of the season.

last year I changed the plugs and it helped a little but did not fully cure the problem. ALso i have swaped out the WGS with the one off my 2005 F-12x ( This ski runs perfect) and does the same thing.

I am going to be changing the oil in both this weekend and also checking the plugs in the r-12x to see what they look like and also checking the gaps.

Any other ideas that I might be able to try to get thing ski working right? I have some methonal (I run this in my race truck) that I am going to put in the tank to make sure it is not bad gas with water in it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sy1437 View Post
    I have a 2006 r-12x with about 55 hours on it.

Last year at the end of the season i started to notice a light surging at full throttle would drop from 6k rpms down to 5200-5300 and go back and forth. Dream-o-meter would go from high 60's to low 60s high 50's when it did this (on glass water). Also at idle it would sound like it was missing sometimes when idleing around the dock idle speed would vary from 1800 rpms to 700 rpms. I took it out for a ride today to take it to the marina to put them on the trailer to change oil/lube and wax and clean them, It was doing the same thing that it was doing at the end of the season.

last year I changed the plugs and it helped a little but did not fully cure the problem. ALso i have swaped out the WGS with the one off my 2005 F-12x ( This ski runs perfect) and does the same thing.

I am going to be changing the oil in both this weekend and also checking the plugs in the r-12x to see what they look like and also checking the gaps.

Any other ideas that I might be able to try to get thing ski working right? I have some methonal (I run this in my race truck) that I am going to put in the tank to make sure it is not bad gas with water in it.
    Back it into the water while still tied to the trailer with the seats off. Push the release clips on the left side of each coil electrical plug, one by one. When you hit the bad cylinder it will not make a difference in the idle. Move that sparkplug to the next cylinder and see if the trouble follows. If not do the same thing with that ignition coil. If it remains in the same cylinder, do a compression check of all the cylinders and looks for a variance in reading. Check for water on the plugs too after punching the throttle.

Yea i was thinking about that the other day that it could be ignition related. The thing runs like a scalded dog on the top end for a while then it will back off like it is hitting a rev limiter that is when the RPMs drop to low 5k then it will go back up fo 2-3 mins and then drop back. So i don't think it is a low compression deal may a loose electrical problem.

At idle it will do great sometimes and then sometimes it will stuble and cut off but other times run smother than ever. I will be checking all the electrical connections and see if i find anything.

Thread Information