Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New owner / member from Kennesaw, GA

We just bought 2 - GP1300R's one is an 04 (100 hours) and the other is an 06 (80 hours). The previous owner is delivering them tonight so I will post pics later on. I got them both including a galvanized trailer for $9000. The skis are in great shape, the previous owner took really good care of them (the guy even has the yahmaha tuning for badge tattooed on his shoulder). I am sure I will have some questions soon but I have been doing a lot of reading here already.

Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    Welcome......

Do Y'all eat grits?

Now start reading

Bill

+1
    Congrats on your purchase.
    You will love those skis, just don't try to ride two up.
    Guys here are amazingly knowledgeable and helpful, just do your "due diligence" and search before asking as it most likely has been asked and answered before.
    Make sure you post your ski-specific questions in "Waverunner 2-stroke", not here.

snip
    Quote Originally Posted by toyterrific View Post
    Congrats on your purchase.
    You will love those skis, just don't try to ride two up.
    Wait, What?! Are you saying don't ride with a passenger? We are a family of 4 and planned on frequently riding with 1 passenger. - Nevermind after some searching the consensus seems to be it's ok on water with less than 1' waves / chops and under 40mph but most people buy GPR's to ride alone. Never thought to check if a "2 person ski" wasn't reccomended for 2 people. We will be riding on a lake and not always with 2 people per ski so I think we will be ok. If it becomes and issue I will sell one and get a "3 person" ski.

agsbill I can't stand grits. I was born and raised in CT - Yankee by birth Southerner by choice.

+1
    what a concidence...your in "Yamaha country"...Kennesaw is where all the componets are put together in the factory and tested on a private lake there...any Yamaha promo will have a GA on its reg.#s....curious if the public can visit the facility...

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    what a concidence...your in "Yamaha country"...Kennesaw is where all the componets are put together in the factory and tested on a private lake there...any Yamaha promo will have a GA on its reg.#s....curious if the public can visit the facility...
    I don't know where the private lake is but I use to live about 1/2 mile from the building. Now I live about 6 miles away. Someone told me Yamaha PWC are made is southern GA and the Kennesaw building is a parts warehouse. Maybe now that I own 2 I will stop by to check the place out.

Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    JetDave...

I don't know if you have noticed but all the Yamaha waverunners have the same GA reg#s. (belongs to Park Marine

I always thought the skis were photoed on Lake Allatoona near Kennesaw Ga.

Bill

+1
    We're a family of four as well. My kids only weigh 60 lbs so far so we can ride two up easy for a while yet. We have an xl1200 to pull the girls in a tube while the GP1300R is for me to mod until I get scared.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by agsbill View Post
    JetDave...

I don't know if you have noticed but all the Yamaha waverunners have the same GA reg#s. (belongs to Park Marine

I always thought the skis were photoed on Lake Allatoona near Kennesaw Ga.

Bill
    haha,never picked up on the same #s,they must register each ski with the state as a test model of some sort, since each hull # has to be different...thought I read they tested and promo on a private lake near the facility...got curious so spoke to a rep who would know...obviously all the engine and all electrical componets are from Japan,the famous hull is contracted out to a marine boat molding company somewhere,I knew that before...and yes its put together in Kennesaw...the testing lake he was'nt sure...maybe he thought I worked for Sea Doo...LOL...

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    It wont be fun with 2 people on each ski at all. Go for something larger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information