Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lr-505 replaced now no MFD

I was having a problem with 2001 virage tx only starting with the bilge button pressed. well i just replaced the lr-505 module and now my MFD doest work. I tried to put the old one back on and wont come on with it either. does anyone know if i have to reset something?

+1
    More than likely the 0.25 amp fuse for the MFD is blown. Did you do all this swapping with the battery disconnected? It's possible something arced if you didn't and popped that fuse. Also, all the joslting around you did while replacing the LR module may have bumped it as well.

Radio Shack carries these fuses in ready supply.

KJ

ok it just had to be jiggled and everything is back on. I bought a used lr module which now starts my ski without pressing the bilge button but wont stop unless i pull the lanyard. Im guessing i should not have bought a used lr module and this one is bad. I ohmed the switch and it seems fine but i guess just looking for confirmation on the bad lr module

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2 View Post
    ... I bought a used lr module which now starts my ski without pressing the bilge button but wont stop unless i pull the lanyard.

I'm guessing i should not have bought a used lr module and this one is bad. I ohmed the switch and it seems fine but i guess just looking for confirmation on the bad lr module
    2001 Virage TX ...

Are you sure the wires from the LR-505 module are correctly connected to the proper terminals in the electrical box? Especially the Black/Yellow and Black/White.

think so black green to the black yellow and black and white to black and white

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

oh yeah it is a 01 virage tx i was comparing the wiring on my other 01 virage and it looks like everything matches. i will take some pics and post shortly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0006.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	235558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0005.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	235559

None of the bilge pumps work on my polaris skis. I unpluged this one and tested the plug for power. When i hit the switch it just stays on constant once the button is pressed and after it is let go it still stays on. i tried to press it again with no luck. Is the bilge pump suppose to only work when the switch is pushed then turn off once you let go of it?

The bilge pump should stay on continuously when the engine is running and only momentarily when you press the button. Something is wrong with your LR module or the way it is wired.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2 View Post
    ... black green to the black yellow and black and white to black and white ...
    Black/Green? There is no Black/Green wire connected to the LR-505 module.

With one exception, every wire connects only to other wires (or the terminal) with the same color

LR-5050 wire colors
    Black <=> Black (ground)
    Yellow <=> Yellow
    Orange <=> Orange
    Purple/White <=> Purple/White
    Black/While <=> Black/White
    Black/Yellow <=> Black/Yellow

Special case: Red/Purple from the CDI module <=> Orange from the LR module

There is a Black/Green that is part of the CDI ignition module, not the LR-505 module

well ill take back the black green comment it looks kinda green in the dark but it has to black and yellow. Souldnt i be able to borrow the lr module out of my 01 virage 700 to make sure my module is bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information