+1

LA PWC Fishermen Need Help!

Hi folks - by now you've been made aware of the current ban on PWCs in Louisiana's Wildlife Management Areas, via our postings here on GH. For some reason, I think it was left out of this all important section.

If you've ever set the hook while sitting on your PWC, or, have traveled our beautiful waterways down here in SoLA, then you know what we are fighting for. Please take a moment to visit the link and follow up w/a few words of encouragement to Mr. Randy Myers w/the LA Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries. There are quite a few boat fishermen and hunters that are against this measure - while we PWC fishermen view the current ban on PWCs in our WMAs as a loss of liberty.

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=2967

As I'm sure you can imagine, although our sport is growing, it is not nearly as popular as fishing from the standard platform (boat). Likewise, PWC enthusiasts are not as highly an organized bunch as hunters and bass fishermen. Perhaps, with your help, our voice will be heard.

Your help and support is greatly appreciated.

I put my opinion in even though I'm from NC. I use to fish with my brother in that area and really enjoyed the waters. I fish from my PWC and see no problem with it. Number 1 a jet pump does no destroy the Grasses that are vital to fish habitat. Not as bad as a 200hp mercury that's tearing along at 70+ mph. I hope it gets approved because I would love to take my ski there and enjoy the beautiful waters as i remember them.

+1
    Ninetok, thank you for your support. I welcome you to tag along w/me on a PWC fishing trip next time you're down. All I need is a heads-up so we can plan it. Again, thanks.

+1
    We got our amendments passed! Thanks to any and all that supported our cause!
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1686555

+1
    Nice Job 83Gator! All of your hardwork paid off. I happen to google this discussion and saw your arguements on FB. Again nice job, we should celebrate with a fishing trip!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 504tim View Post
    Nice Job 83Gator! All of your hardwork paid off. I happen to google this discussion and saw your arguements on FB. Again nice job, we should celebrate with a fishing trip!
    Thanks, Tim. And it was a victory based on the efforts of all that played a part. I'm down for fishing... my calendar will be opening soon, but I'm guessing we will have to wait until the spring rise has receded. I'm guessing the later part of June? I'd also like to learn some new areas, so if you got a fishing spot or two available that won't be affected by the flood, just say the word.

Any of you guys ever do any fishing from your skis in areas such as delacroix or hopedale? I am currently in the process of constructing my rack and I plan to test it out either this or next weekend. I am planning on launching out of delacroix and plan to fish areas around 4 hourse lake and the rigs/islands in black bay. Just wondering if any of you guys have ever fished these areas before on a ski...

Thread Information