Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Open Loop Water routing Question?

Just finished installing my riva plate and trying to install my fizzle open loop kit. I got Riva's write up for water routing. I'm trying to find the correct water fittings for oil cooler lines 5/8 to 1/2 barbed union reducer. I see that the lower line goes out the ski at the pump to a capped off fitting coming through the hull. How do you open up that fitting (drill from rear of pump area?). I think the upper oil cooler hose goes to the J-pipe.I like the way Ocman ran the thermostat exit off the head to the exhaust block off instead of drilling through the hull. I found the reducers at o'rileys but they are plastic, Would prefer brass with otiekers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageX View Post
    Just finished installing my riva plate and trying to install my fizzle open loop kit. I got Riva's write up for water routing. I'm trying to find the correct water fittings for oil cooler lines 5/8 to 1/2 barbed union reducer. I see that the lower line goes out the ski at the pump to a capped off fitting coming through the hull. How do you open up that fitting (drill from rear of pump area?). I think the upper oil cooler hose goes to the J-pipe.I like the way Ocman ran the thermostat exit off the head to the exhaust block off instead of drilling through the hull. I found the reducers at o'rileys but they are plastic, Would prefer brass with otiekers.
    J-pipe goes to the upper cooler line and the lower cooler line exits where the J-pipe used to through the rear flush port. No need to drill for that.

Speedskixp, I see what your saying, Riva's picture shows the lower line exiting on the starboard side pump shoe area.I guess if I put it on the flush I will be able to flush like normal. And the top oil line goes to top of j-pipe?

+1
    Speedskixp, I see what your saying, Riva's picture shows the lower line exiting on the starboard side pump shoe area.I guess if I put it on the flush I will be able to flush like normal. And the top oil line goes to top of j-pipe?
    Correct.

+1

I got the Idea from JP1300R but yea drilling a plastic blockoff is much better than drilling another hole in the ski. The plastic is fine bro and I just have a regular hose clamp on it. The pressure is not very high.

+1
    A pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1302666735512.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	235512  

+1
    You can drill out the extra plug on your support plate and exit out the back. When looking from the inside it's on the left side of the pump above the steering cable. From the outside it's on the right between the steering cable & top right pump bolt. Just get a drill bit that fits in that hole & finish it. The hose that came with the kit fits it perfectly and now you'll have a spare thru hull fitting for a bilge pump or something... I did this on my 07 RXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5160.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	235513  

there is no need to run water to your oil cooler unless you are racing. the highest oil temp we have seen on a heavily modified engine is 240 degrees F after a long wide open run with no water going through the cooler. your oil needs to be over 212 degrees to burn off contaminants. with water going through the cooler your oil temp will never reach this temp. the lower engine temps with an open loop kit cools the oil enough.

Banned User
    +1
    here we go....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rotax racing View Post
    there is no need to run water to your oil cooler unless you are racing. the highest oil temp we have seen on a heavily modified engine is 240 degrees F after a long wide open run with no water going through the cooler. your oil needs to be over 212 degrees to burn off contaminants. with water going through the cooler your oil temp will never reach this temp. the lower engine temps with an open loop kit cools the oil enough.
    I wouldnt want to run the seadoo oil at 240 personly, Mobil 1 15/50 race oil yes.

R88

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information