Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2009 RXTX IS - Over stuffing!!!

Brother-in Law has a 2009 RXTX IS. We just had the ECU re-mapped by Les Cook. Installed the 4" rear air (short set up) and a solas prop 15/22R. Stock IS grate.

Measured speed using a Garmin GPS. Started with the VTS down. Speed increased as the VTS was raised. At 3/4 up speed hit 74.8 MPH but the ski bucked several times.

Scared the crap out of by brother in law. Didn't know IS models would over stuff at 74+. Guess we will be changing the IS grate to something else......Worx

Anyone else experience this????

+1
    Malte mentioned this in a previous thread. iS grate is the issue. Nobody has mentioned testing the Worx grate and having bucking issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1238 View Post
    Malte mentioned this in a previous thread. iS grate is the issue. Nobody has mentioned testing the Worx grate and having bucking issues.
    Yea I remember his thread but I believe he was advising of overstuffing when putting the IS grate on a RXTX-260. VTS all the way up and over stuffing occurs. But this grate comes stock on the IS model. Boat was supposed to sit at a different angle due to the weight difference and I dont remember reading ahything about over stuffing on the IS. Regardless its happening so new grate is a must. I've tested the Worx to 74.8 and no issues.

+1
    Could you give me some info on Les Cook. I have an ECU I would like to have re-mapped.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    Could you give me some info on Les Cook. I have an ECU I would like to have re-mapped.
    Sure. He is located in Australia. I purchased the re-map through the on line store as Jerry provided information regarding the type of re-map that would best work on my friends ski and I wanted to support this forum. You advised what mod's you have or are going to install and they will re-map to support those mods. Then I shipped the ECU directly to his facility referencing the GH order # with a note advising what we were looking for. Very fast turn around. Installed the ECU, ski fired right up, no fault codes and all dash functions operated as designed. Ski runs perfect.. Sending him mine next!

In our case we had the speed limiter removed
    The RPM's raised to 8300 (stock valve gear)
    The boost limiter remained stock (stock S/C)
    The fuel and ignition curves were improved.

Also installed a 15/22R solas prop & 4" Air Intake = speed increase from 68 to 74.8

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1655

+1

Yep.. should have just done that...

+1
    If you do not want to raise the RPM's just bypass GPS speed module and add a 15/22 prop will they be able to handle that. I have a 2009 GTX LTD 255 IS/IC and Riva Has not made a Speed Limiter Module for the 2009. Don't think they have one on the drawing board so if I want more speed for my unit this is about the only option I have. I hear they Riva is working on an air intake kit for the I/S but it is still in the planning stages and will available in 60 to 90 days. I will add it when it becomes available.

+1
    If you do not want to raise the RPM's just bypass GPS speed module and add a 15/22 prop will they be able to handle that. I have a 2009 GTX LTD 255 IS/IC and Riva Has not made a Speed Limiter Module for the 2009. Don't think they have one on the drawing board so if I want more speed for my unit this is about the only option I have. I hear they Riva is working on an air intake kit for the I/S but it is still in the planning stages and will available in 60 to 90 days. I will add it when it becomes available.
    I assume they could do what ever you like. Might be expensive though. Migh want to PM Jerry or contact Les Cook and ask... I have already changed out the air box in the 09 IS and replaced it with a 4" short set up. Fits right under the stock cover and the Ski flys... Cheap too...

+1
    Where did you get the spec's for the 4" air intake. Also how would you contact Les Cook?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information