should towing be considered for prop pitching?

i've got an '09 wakepro with an x-charger, injectors, riva nozzle with 83 mm ring, opas block offs, 4" intake, thru hull exhaust, and added about 50 lbs of stereo equipment. with the 15/20 prop in there, the rpm's are only getting up to about 7800. once it gets a little hotter, i'm going to see where it spins at and then pitch the prop. i have gauges to do it, but i'm heavily considering sending it to speedfreaks for the setback mod and let them pitch it. what i am wondering is if the added weight on the ski plus towing a boarder needs to be considered on prop pitching. or is this something i should just give speedfreaks a call and tell them what i'll be doing with my ski and let them pitch it where they think is best?

+1
    Erik will get it right just let him know..May want to get your hands on a T-X nozzle to help with the RPM's now.

i know a smaller nozzle will bring the rpm's up, but it's not a huge concern at the moment since my ski is still the fastest of all the skis i ride with. and that's with a passenger, front compartment full of beer and water, plus the added stereo weight, lol. i kind of feel bad for my buddy that dropped a few grand in his honda to make it faster than mine was, and while his was getting the work done i just installed the x-charger and can smoke his ski after all that work. i keep telling him that if he would have just sold the honda and used that money plus the money he's spent on upgrades, he could have gotten a really nice newer used P-X!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    i know a smaller nozzle will bring the rpm's up, but it's not a huge concern at the moment since my ski is still the fastest of all the skis i ride with. and that's with a passenger, front compartment full of beer and water, plus the added stereo weight, lol. i kind of feel bad for my buddy that dropped a few grand in his honda to make it faster than mine was, and while his was getting the work done i just installed the x-charger and can smoke his ski after all that work. i keep telling him that if he would have just sold the honda and used that money plus the money he's spent on upgrades, he could have gotten a really nice newer used P-X!!!
    It would take A LOT!! For a honda to keep up with a stock 215, much less a slightly modded one....lol.

And the larger the nozzle the more RPM's u will get. If your @ 7800 now, it will only go down as it gets hotter. Need to open up the nozzle (if you have the interchangable rings) , or de-pitch that prop some. Speed freaks(or even me, or Duke) can take care of that for you.

i was thinking i'd just get the set back mod done to the prop. if i decide not to, i'll just bend it myself. since the rpm's are so far off, i know the prop needs to be adjusted. the nozzle rings will make a difference, but i just want to use them for fine tuning. with my stock charger, my buddy's honda 12whatever could keep up with the intercooler, wedge, prop and macboost i installed on it.

I am so glad i didn't end up buying a Honda

Quote Originally Posted by xpme08 View Post
    I am so glad i didn't end up buying a Honda
    Ya me too,I was really close to buying one,had the money in hand while looking at one and backed out.Three days later I bought my RXP and has been a great ride

my buddies busted my balls for buying an $11k ski because they have a total of four of them that were all bought used for under $6k each. then when we raced, they all shut up quick. my huge 3 seater "cadillac" is more comfortable to ride, handles chop way better, and is faster. the only thing they got over mine is they can throw their skis around way better than i can. ah well, i'll take that trade off, lol.

Thread Information