Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

remap ecu to 8800

What do you think about the les cook remap wanting 8800 rpm pros and cons

+1
    Use the search function, you will find alot of info.

I have SDC 8800 re-map. They generally run leaner than the Riva, I had to bump my RRFPR up. It's also around the same cost as the Riva but your essentially losing your OEM ECU as it is modified. The Riva is complete replacement so you can put your OEM aside as backup or if you decide to take your ski back to stock.

I'm not sure SDC keep all sensors either! Someone may be able to confirm.

+1
    I honestly don't think Les Cooke can "remap" anything period!! I think all they do is drill a hole in the ECU and change something that will change the limiter. ALL of his ECU mods run LEAN!!!!!!!!! Why is that? Lots of guys have commented on this and Obviously he cannot change the mapping or he could fix that. I had him do mine for the 06 and I got to use it one time and yes the limiter was definately higher but I can tell you this, it did not out accelerate my Rotax ECU or even the Riva's that I have worked on AND after the first time I used his modified ECU it crapped out on me and won't let the ski run right. I contancted him several times and he just blew me off and refused to fixx it. I would not recommend using him for his ecu mod, don't throw your money away, go with the Riva or Rotax ecu's. just my .02

+1
    I have a Les ECU for my 08 RXPX setup for Stock Class with a 8650 rev limiter. I've been running it since May 2008 with zero issues and to my knowledge it retains all the OEM sensors. I plan on getting another done with a 8800 rev limiter for the Open Class RXPX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89 View Post
    I have a Les ECU for my 08 RXPX setup for Stock Class with a 8650 rev limiter. I've been running it since May 2008 with zero issues and to my knowledge it retains all the OEM sensors. I plan on getting another done with a 8800 rev limiter for the Open Class RXPX.
    Plenty of guys running it with no issues, but they run lean and yes they retain all the oem sensors because it is OEM, just the limiter was altered. If he truly re-mapped the ecu he could program it to overcome the lean issues but instead he says that you need to use a rrfpr with his ecu mod.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Plenty of guys running it with no issues, but they run lean and yes they retain all the oem sensors because it is OEM, just the limiter was altered. If he truly re-mapped the ecu he could program it to overcome the lean issues but instead he says that you need to use a rrfpr with his ecu mod.
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Les. So far I've always had a good experiences with his products. I know sometimes they are kind of hard to get a hold of, but I've heard it's better to call.

I disagree with the ECU just being an "OEM ECU with a hole drilled in it to change the rev limiter." My X was pretty decent with the ECU I had bought from Les and then when JD1 decided to help me with my stock boat he was talking to Les about my ski and les told him send my ECU back for some changes. The difference in how much snap there was from 7800+ was night and day compared to what it was.

I'm not 100% on this, but I would imagine Les' maps are more or less a one size fits all type of deal. With all the different chargers on the market I would have to guess his ECUs are more suited to his products.

I personally don't run a rrfpr on my skies so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it easier to make adjustments to correct running lean than it is to correct running rich?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    I honestly don't think Les Cooke can "remap" anything period!! I think all they do is drill a hole in the ECU and change something that will change the limiter. ALL of his ECU mods run LEAN!!!!!!!!! Why is that? Lots of guys have commented on this and Obviously he cannot change the mapping or he could fix that. I had him do mine for the 06 and I got to use it one time and yes the limiter was definately higher but I can tell you this, it did not out accelerate my Rotax ECU or even the Riva's that I have worked on AND after the first time I used his modified ECU it crapped out on me and won't let the ski run right. I contancted him several times and he just blew me off and refused to fixx it. I would not recommend using him for his ecu mod, don't throw your money away, go with the Riva or Rotax ecu's. just my .02
    Personally I would rather run the Riva, I just had the opportunity to pick up the 8800 unit and wanted a higher limit.
    SDC have been remapping ECU's for a long time. They used to get them done by a company that does chips and remapping for cars.
    They run leaner for optimum performance. There are race guys running over 12 AFR with no issues. You can always compensate with your fuel setup.

+1
    Les's remaps have worked perfect for me and some of the fastest ski's in CC. It's the standard for performance.

+1
    The 9.2k les ecu I have runs rich as heck. Im pretty sure it's not just an ecu with the rev limit raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    The 9.2k les ecu I have runs rich as heck. Im pretty sure it's not just an ecu with the rev limit raised.
    Did you try it with the 60s?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information