Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VXR Trim

VXR Trim

Can't wait I have a VXR on order should be in late April. Im a little concerned with the lack of a trim system on the VXR. You guys have any thoughts on this? Would the FZR trim system fit? Any word if RIVA or R&D have anything in the works??

There were some bells and whistles left off the vxr / vxs; and trim system is one of them. Owning the VXS and having spent a fair number of hours on it in all kinds of water it is my opinion the boat is fine without it. The boat is light and nimble; rider input on this boat does enhance the handling. But overall the feeling / handling of the VXR is pretty neutral so a trim system is not "required" to cure any handling quirks. I will say tho that I have not ridden with two people on the Ski yet . . . that could change my mind on this matter of trim! Net Net: I wouldn't "not" get the VXR because it doesn't have a trim system. If you are still concerned about the Trim, then you should really be getting one of the bigger / heavier YAMs that have that system stock. If someone out there has already ridden "two up" on their VXR / VXS I would be interested to hear what they have to say about that. Hope this helps . . .

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I asked Jerry about a trim for the VXR/S, briefly he said that it could be retro fitted from a FZ. I am thinking the cable length may be an issue, and the cables themselves off of a FZ are $400...soooo. I feel like there will be some aftermarket trims available in the future.

Max. I am sure a Trim system can be fitted to the VXS / VXR no problem. The first question that needs to be addressed is, "does it need it". Just because a Trim system can be fitted to the VXR doesn't mean that its a good idea. Like I have said, VXR is both light and nimble . . . with a trim system one could "over trim" / "under trim" without really understanding how the VXR handles. Lets be sure about one thing here; the VXR is high performance NA Ski that is designed for performance oriented people who don't want the BS that comes with artificial aspiration. That is really the bottom line with the VXR. Sure, there are some comprises with the VXR. I would have to say that anyone who is completely fixated on a Trim system should really look at other crafts . . .

+1
    Not to thread jack or anything, but i am wondering when do you use the different setting of the trim system?
    Tried to search around a bit but not really coming up with much.

Thanks John like I said i haven't even rode the ski yet. Cant beleive how amped I am about a sit down (22 years on standups). Im definetly going with the Riva cold air intake and Exhaust out the back.

+1
    Hey brotha!!

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Hey brotha!!
    Jimmy! Yes, I am on this side of the fence now!

@XRunner. In theory, the trim system can be utilized to keep the bow down in rougher waters for maximum pump hook up. And the bow raised in calmer waters to reach a higher peak speed. Raising and lowering the bow on the VXR can be acheived by moving body weight "fore and aft". Overall, I just try to keep the boat as uniformly flat as possible on the water as this seems to be the optimum level of the boat for about 90% of the water conditions that I encounter . . .

+1
    I'm liking everything about that VXR!

Although my VX deluxe was not a performance ski, 2 and 3 up riding was always predictable and performance never suffered without a trim system on these units, the vx in chop was always pretty decent with one two and 3 riders,, will be anxious to see how the vxr fairs,,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information