+1

I think I've lost my mind... 785 pro '98

Ok so I bought a CHERRY 98 785 PRO, the previous owner said it's reading like 20 on the front two and 120 on the mag. I haven't run a compression check, I've had so much going on lately... I kinda want to know what I'm getting myself into if I decide to fix it... or sell. I know they are maintance hogs, but is it that bad, the MFD shows 35.5 hours... bgaidan can attest how clean it is. How does it compare to say a R-12x? Or the new to me 95 780 SLX I bought?

I ran it, didn't really want to idle, but did run and sounded normal, I think the previous owner didn't winterize, he said that when you held it WOT it would die... I'm just hoping he didn't trash the motor.

I saw this pic, and I love it...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	235674

My family is up to 6 ski's and a boat right now... I kinda want to keep all my ski's because I've got every kind covered... I do know I'd like to run 70+ with like a new VXR... but I don't think my fleet boss (wife) would let me add another one...

Here is the one shot... This weekend I'm going to pull the head and take some pics... and see where we go from there. I may end up parting it out, or selling as is, This ski is in GREAT shape. Here is one pic I took when I first got it. 30 minutes of cleaning and I'm willing to bet this thing looks brand new... I just know how expensive 785 parts are...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785 Pro.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	235675

+1
    It looks real clean. Hopefully you can just do a top end at worst and get her running well. I wouldn't sell, but it looks like you have an enviable amount of toys it's always harder to get them back when you let em go! There's something special about these pro's they definitely punch above their weight when running right. I have never ridden mine and I love it

+1
    If I took the time to wah, and wax... I think it would look brand new...

I plan on pulling the head on Sunday and will post up come pics.

My opinion would be keeping it whole, let the Junkers get parted out, this ski is much too nice to die.
    I hope you check it out and it is as simple as a rering!
    I think if I were you, I would put the 780 on a single trailer and sell it for $1500 and use the money to restore the 785.
    Just my thoughts, good luck with the project!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by urugol View Post
    It looks real clean. Hopefully you can just do a top end at worst and get her running well. I wouldn't sell, but it looks like you have an enviable amount of toys it's always harder to get them back when you let em go! There's something special about these pro's they definitely punch above their weight when running right. I have never ridden mine and I love it
    wait till you get yours running. you'll like it. or I meant to say you'll love it. hold on!

Thread Information