Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: vxr vs fzr

vxr vs fzr

hi everyone i owe a 2011 vxr thinking of selling for 2011 fzr . would be fzr be easy and better to upgrade .keen to hear what people think i m know pwc expert , guys at the shop i deal with arn't any better than second hand car salesman

+1
    You just got a VXR and you're thinking of selling it?

From what I have seen, both of them can be easily "upgraded," but "upgrade" means different things to different people.

I guess the answer would depend on your exact goals, so what are your goals?

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I'd say give the VXR a chance. Its a new model with a great power plant, with TONS of possibilities. The aftermarket goodies are just starting to come out.
    Also, trying to sell an '11 model, unless you got a hell of a deal, your probably going to lose money.
    Enjoy that VXR, it sounds like a good machine.

i say u stay with the vxr give it a chance how yoyamma said upgrades means different things to different ppl depending on what u want to do then its 2 different things i mean ur talking about a supercharged jetski and 1 that is all engine so upgrades are going to b completely different

i would like to get around the 80mph mark. i ve rode my ski for 56 hrs since dec 2010 in all water conditions on glass very good ski as soon it gets chopping it spends more time out of the water than in , one thing that has been a problem since i hope on it the water spary over the front is to much for a 2011 bulit ski , how is fzr for water spary over the front. If you s/c the vxr it would be a very quick ski but the shop i ve been using haven t show me there up for that as they struggle to get the simple things right. sea doo rxt x looks good ?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ULOOKED View Post
    i would like to get around the 80mph mark. i ve rode my ski for 56 hrs since dec 2010 in all water conditions on glass very good ski as soon it gets chopping it spends more time out of the water than in , one thing that has been a problem since i hope on it the water spary over the front is to much for a 2011 bulit ski , how is fzr for water spary over the front. If you s/c the vxr it would be a very quick ski but the shop i ve been using haven t show me there up for that as they struggle to get the simple things right. sea doo rxt x looks good ?
    If your thoughts are 80mph and to SC the vxr. My suggestion is to get on the FZ.

+1
    the fzs is also a very wet ride (can be improved with a splash gard), and it will be out of the water as much as the vxr
    with the bigger pump tunnel it will recover quicker though
    you can get mid 70's in the vxr with the right mods from what i hear
    i am at 79 mph on my fzs but it is not cheap , there is many ways to get there but they will all cost you heaps in aus
    to give you an idea i will list the parts so you can work out a cost
    motec with loging, watson intercooler,cooling system upgrades , free flow upgrades from riva, VX plate, R&D grate with pump plug kit and sealed transom

kev

+1
    i would like to get around the 80mph mark. i ve rode my ski for 56 hrs since dec 2010 in all water conditions on glass very good ski as soon it gets chopping it spends more time out of the water than in...
    That tells me a lot; if you want to move at 80 mph and have better control in the chop you are probably going to need something other than the VXR. I think the SHO or the FZS may be good options to consider. These new Yamahas respond VERY well to mods, and the Green Hulk gang can hook you up with the best info. With the proper combination of intake grate, rideplate, wheel, intercooler, ECU upgrades, etc., the FZ platform can quickly be made into a monster that will dominate in the chop at high speeds, but you may need to contend with supercharger problems when you start moving that fast.

You should keep an eye on Julio's new thread and ask him some questions; he already has a stage 3 FZS and he's building up a VZR right now, so he can probably give you some more advice about comparing those two models in the chop. Here's the link:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...io-s-VXR-build

Also check out Rick xp's thread here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...s-90-MPH-Build

+1
    I smell BS

Mate,I see your in Brisbane.
    If you are genuine about going 80 then grab a fist of coin, drive 2 hrs to Gary Watsons workshop in Lismore and tell him you want 80. Easy job for him. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information